edited August 20, 2009 in Landscapes
One of my favorite passes in Colorado
Randy

Comments

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    rwells wrote:

1) I normally lay down in the middle of the road to take this shot, but since I had my grandson's on this trip, I thought it best to take a side of the road shot
    623648188_aV6DG-L.jpg

2) One of the largest & longest producing mines in Colorado is at the pass
    623668955_jsiTr-L.jpg

3)
    623659748_vVy8y-L.jpg

4) The other side of the highway
    623711561_S7D27-L.jpg

5)
    623681983_38UjE-L.jpg

Fantastic shots Randy. I love the colours in the mountains. Did you put them through Photomatix? Well done.
    Regards
    Bob
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Fantastic shots Randy. I love the colours in the mountains. Did you put them through Photomatix? Well done.
    Regards
    Bob

Hey Bob,

I just pushed #4 & #5 in LR2. The others I just did the normal S-curve, USM & copyright.

Thanks for looking and the kind words thumb.gif
    Randy
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Nicely done. I really like #3, the light is fantastic.
    edited August 19, 2009
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Nicely done. I really like #3, the light is fantastic.

Thanks Bryan,

Too bad I didn't have time to wait and plan shots out. You know how it is traveling with youngens (grandsons in this case)

One of these days I'm going to take another "photo" trip.
    Randy
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    boy these really jumped out at me. I like the curved approach to the road! My eyes follow it just fine!
    edited August 19, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    boy these really jumped out at me. I like the curved approach to the road! My eyes follow it just fine!

Eia,

I'll see if I can find one of the shots where I was laying down in the middle of this highway, camera just above the yellow line. It's one of my favorite Colorado images, errr, not of me ~ but the road/mountain view thumb.gif
    Randy
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Eia,

I'll see if I can find one of the shots where I was laying down in the middle of this highway, camera just above the yellow line. It's one of my favorite Colorado images, errr, not of me ~ but the road/mountain view thumb.gif

Yeah dig it out please Randy I would love to see that shot.
    Regards
    Bob
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Eia,

Ha ha... i will wait to see it! mwink.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    You must of had a wonderful trip. #1 and 3# are my favorites.
    edited August 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    You must of had a wonderful trip. #1 and 3# are my favorites.

We did have a wonderful trip Mary, thanks.
    Randy
  • JessyJessy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    rwells wrote:

1) I normally lay down in the middle of the road to take this shot, but since I had my grandson's on this trip, I thought it best to take a side of the road shot
    623648188_aV6DG-L.jpg

Oh but I like it so much like this! Nice job.
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    #3 is my fave
    #3 is my favorite, but all good.
    Lee Wiren
    edited August 20, 2009
    Jessy wrote:
    Oh but I like it so much like this! Nice job.

Thanks Jessy
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    Wiren wrote:
    #3 is my favorite, but all good.

Yeah, the light was sweet. Too bad I couldn't hang around and watch what developed.

Thanks for the comment Wiren
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    OK,

I did manage to find an older image shot crouching down in the middle of the highway (not recommended for others!!!), and I also located one where I was laying flat on the highway for the shot (not recommended!!!) I did have a lookout to make sure I didn't get run over...

I edited the first post in this thread and added those images.

Let me know which ones you like better thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    I like your first posting of the road. The other are good to, but for some reason your first just stands out much more.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I'm doing a little catchup with the images on this forum, and I'm glad I didn't miss this series. Beautiful colors in the mountains you captured, Randy.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited August 20, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like your first posting of the road. The other are good to, but for some reason your first just stands out much more.

That's what sharing & feedbacks all about.

Thanks for your time to revisit and comment.
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    I'm doing a little catchup with the images on this forum, and I'm glad I didn't miss this series. Beautiful colors in the mountains you captured, Randy.

One of these years rolleyes1.gif , I'm just going to have to take a "photo" trip to Colorado. Shoot & Run pics are OK, but I'd like to give it a honest effort.

Thank your for the comment Mahesh.
    Randy
  • JessyJessy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I think the shot from the side of the road is MUCH stronger than the one in the center of the road. The road is too over powering in the center shots, and not all that interesting. It becomes an element of the landscape in the side shot.
    edited August 20, 2009
    Jessy wrote:
    I think the shot from the side of the road is MUCH stronger than the one in the center of the road. The road is too over powering in the center shots, and not all that interesting. It becomes an element of the landscape in the side shot.

Hey Jessy,

It depends on where your intent is. If your a traveler, the road may have more meaning & the mountains a nice side show.

That's why I posted different ones, to hear others thoughts.

Thanks for re-visiting and taking the time to comment thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Jessy,

It depends on where your intent is. If your a traveler, the road may have more meaning & the mountains a nice side show.

That's why I posted different ones, to hear others thoughts.

Thanks for re-visiting and taking the time to comment thumb.gif

I like that thought you mentioned -- "the road may have more meaning & the mountains a nice side show". There is an old two laner I travel just for the road..not so much the scenery. Its old, bumpy and fun to drive. Takes me back to my childhood when we would travel to my Granny's. Use to be the only road heading north or south on the eastern end of North Dakota.
    edited August 20, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like that thought you mentioned -- "the road may have more meaning & the mountains a nice side show". There is an old two laner I travel just for the road..not so much the scenery. Its old, bumpy and fun to drive. Takes me back to my childhood when we would travel to my Granny's. Use to be the only road heading north or south on the eastern end of North Dakota.

Hey Mary,

I ride a motorcycle up in the mountains when I can, so the road is more apparent/important than when traveling in a car. That sounds strange, but unless you've traveled much on a motorcycle, you probably can't fully grasp that.

For a motorcyclist, the open road is a ticket to one of this country's last REAL freedoms thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    For a motorcyclist, the open road is a ticket to one of this country's last REAL freedoms thumb.gif

My biker friend would always say....Its the freedom of the road -- something new around every curve :D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Wonderful series, Randy. The colors are magnificent, plus clean and crisp lines in every shot. Every shot just invites me right in. What were you shooting with?
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 20, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Wonderful series, Randy. The colors are magnificent, plus clean and crisp lines in every shot. Every shot just invites me right in. What were you shooting with?

Thanks Lauren,

All but the two images I added after the edit (in the middle of the road shots) were taken with my 5DMkII & 24-105L IS.
    Randy