Options

Sedona

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
edited August 22, 2009 in Go Figure
Ya gotta luv the scenery in Sedona. :deal

618251346_KBYhp-XL.jpg

Comments welcome, and thanks for looking.

-joel

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    The colors are garish to me. Nice location though.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Ya gotta luv the scenery in Sedona. deal.gif
    Comments welcome, and thanks for looking.
    -joel
    Laughing.gif
    Nice scenery indeed!thumb.gif
    With this type of pose it's beneficial if you can have her stay on her point, as in ballet. Naturally, not many can, but it's easy to "fake" by a little jump. On your count she simply raises herself without losing the contact with the ground. Also gets more dynamics.
    Looks like you're getting ahold of model shooting mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
    The colors are garish to me. Nice location though.

Thanks. That's pretty much the way Sedona looks. The shot was intentionally underexposed a bit which does tend to provide extra saturation.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
    I can't believe this is the only frame you took of her there mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Laughing.gif
    Nice scenery indeed!thumb.gif
    With this type of pose it's beneficial if you can have her stay on her point, as in ballet. Naturally, not many can, but it's easy to "fake" by a little jump. On your count she simply raises herself without losing the contact with the ground. Also gets more dynamics.
    Looks like you're getting ahold of model shooting mwink.gif
    Thanks, Nik! Great idea. You know all the tricks. deal.gif

Concerning other posts with this model at this location, you saw my Red Rocks and Dinner Dress post, right?

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Thanks, Nik! Great idea. You know all the tricks. deal.gif
    You betcha:-) thumb.gif
    Concerning other posts with this model at this location, you saw my Red Rocks and Dinner Dress post, right?

Cheers,
    -joel
    I did, I did... mwink.gif
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Joel, you definitely are making me very envious. Did you guys build the circle with a cross? It looks a tad soft to me, but I love her pose.
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Joel, you definitely are making me very envious. Did you guys build the circle with a cross? It looks a tad soft to me, but I love her pose.

Yeah, it was a fun day, Dan. No, we didn't build the meditation circle, or whatever it was. I'm sure that took some folks hours to build. Some of those rocks are quite big. It's almost perfectly circular too.

The shot was taken at F8. I could probably have gone with a deeper DOF in that shot, or a shallower one to isolate the model. The model is perfectly sharp as that's where the focus was. Full-frame cameras need smaller apertures than do crop bodies.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    River_RatRiver_Rat Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Yeah, it was a fun day, Dan. No, we didn't build the meditation circle, or whatever it was. I'm sure that took some folks hours to build. Some of those rocks are quite big. It's almost perfectly circular too.

The shot was taken at F8. I could probably have gone with a deeper DOF in that shot, or a shallower one to isolate the model. The model is perfectly sharp as that's where the focus was. Full-frame cameras need smaller apertures than do crop bodies.

Cheers,
    -joel

Earth Medicine Wheel. The perimeter or the circle represents the powers in the universe and within man and how they could be brought into harmonious balance. The cross represents the four great paths - love and trust in the south, wisdom and knowledge in the north, introspection and transformation in the west, and illumination and clarity in the east.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2009
    River_Rat wrote:
    Earth Medicine Wheel. The perimeter or the circle represents the powers in the universe and within man and how they could be brought into harmonious balance. The cross represents the four great paths - love and trust in the south, wisdom and knowledge in the north, introspection and transformation in the west, and illumination and clarity in the east.

Thanks!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    yeah, and that's more of a tree pose (a la yoga) than ballet, so I don't think she needs to go on her toes...

As such, I wish she could get her foot up on her thigh as opposed to on her calf... Never the less, great ideas, great effort.
    CW
    (shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L