Sunset in the French Alps

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited August 20, 2009 in Landscapes
Shot during a recent holiday to the Mnt Blanc in the French Alps, we took a trek around the Mnt Blanc. We stayed in this small refuge at approx. 2700 m altitude (9000 feet) and with beer in hand whatched the sun set over the mountains and clouddeck.

617944157_Tyb5b-XL.jpg

more shots of our trip can be found: here
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• marcpromarcpro Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    WOW10944573-Ti.gif... Your hiking trails seem a lot more "civilized" than the ones I hang out on in western Canada.

Here's what we would call a "refuge" on Mount Lady MacDonald (actually it's called the Tea House, even though there's no tea served there!!):

448827786_um43t-XL.jpg

And here's the view from the roof of the said "Tea House" (note the missing wood spindles on the railing, people break them off to make fire):

448825287_aabho-XL.jpg

Beer and croissants sound great, but I think the "Tea House" has its charm too.

Happy Trails,
    Marc.
    -- Photography without post-processing is like cooking without salt or spices.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    hey marc!

yeah, the alps are pretty popular so therefor some more luxuries are available. sometimes thats not so bad a thing :D unfortunately i cant see your shots.. headscratch.gif
  • marcpromarcpro Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hmm... Try now ?
    Too many settings on Smugmug galleries! headscratch.gif
    Marc
    -- Photography without post-processing is like cooking without salt or spices.
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Beautiful country! Love the shot of the old stone bridge & creek on your site.. thumb.gif
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    yep see it now! :D

looks nice, its more of a shelter then? seems a lot of dgrinners are into hiking/climbing lately or is it just my selective attention? :D

Thanks scole for looking and commenting!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    That's a gorgeous scene, Chris. I love the color on top and the fluffy, low-hanging clouds. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com