Beauty Portraits: Lynnie Pang @ Marina Barrage Singapore

ZecksonZeckson Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
edited August 20, 2009 in People
Done this test shoot with one of my friends, Lynnie, while I was back in Singapore during the national day period. Lynnie is a full time make-up artist. We know each other by chance in a photo club.

You can actually check her website out:

makeup-faces.blogspot.com

This site showcases the best of Lynnie and her works.

Although being a make-up artist, Lynnie does posses some qualities of being a photo model. We met up and did these few images.

Pic 01:

3e466d23.jpg

Pic 02:

b7e6394f.jpg

Pic 03:

bd259873.jpg

Pic 04:

ee23b0d2.jpg

Pic 05:

8d479c84.jpg

Pic 06:

ba1c5240.jpg

Pic 07:

2e9ec259.jpg

Pic 08:

dd2f0179.jpg

Thank you for viewing my images.
Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
I am not a photographer.
Zeckson's Image Boulevard

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Zeckson wrote:
    Thank you for viewing my images.
    she is quite pretty but I have to say I am not a fan of the lighting in many of these shots...very harsh and lot of shadows. The 1st shot for example..her nose looks like it is floating in fron of her face!headscratch.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • ZecksonZeckson Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    she is quite pretty but I have to say I am not a fan of the lighting in many of these shots...very harsh and lot of shadows. The 1st shot for example..her nose looks like it is floating in fron of her face!headscratch.gif

Thank you for your comments. Agree on the harsh lighting. Actually there were diffusers already mounted onto my flash. Guess they didn't work as good as I thought. Well, nontheless, I shall look for ways to improve the light. :)
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    I am not a photographer.
    Zeckson's Image Boulevard
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Ditto on the lighting, especially given some of the stuff you've posted in the past!! 3&5 have good light in terms of no harsh shadows. I'm not keen on the pose of 5, which makes 3 my keeper.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Right, I think she (her face, etc) just needed more illumination, not so much diffusion. Although #3 has some hot areas, like her chest. Are those plants really blue and red, or is that just colored light? It looks tricky lol.