Options

OOOOH, Bay Photo Metal Prints...

Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
edited July 14, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
These look really cool... any chance on adding them to the shopping cart in the future?

http://www.bayphoto.com/bayweb/pro_metalprints.htm

Comments

• Options
    corbosmancorbosman Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    These look really cool... any chance on adding them to the shopping cart in the future?

http://www.bayphoto.com/bayweb/pro_metalprints.htm

Another vote for that :)
  • Options
    James HJames H Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    I just ran across those a couple days ago. I think they'd be a great addition to the cart or maybe a replacement for any number of the current offerings.

It would also be interesting to hear from anyone who has purchased one of these. Maybe give a brief product review??? I have a couple images that I'd be interested in seeing mounted this way, for hanging in my cabin.
    --James

Homepage - James Hill Photography

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Yeah, working on it.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
  • Options
    Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Awesome.
    I think bay has a lot of cool products and I am very hopeful that SM will be able to incorporate them in the Shopping cart some how but a lot of the products need or only work well with customizing them. That is why roes is so popular giving a lot of that ability. I would hate to be the one trying to give that kind of personalization into the shopping cart products. However I do hope it gets done soon. (my version of soon is in a month or two)
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
    http://Glory2Jesus4Photography.smugmug.com/
    My blog: http://glory2jesus4photography.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    aaronbrownaaronbrown Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah, working on it.

Saw an ad for them in the last issue of Shutterbug I read and saw a couple of your photos, Andy. Nice! thumb.gif
  • Options
    BetzBetz Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    James H wrote:
    I just ran across those a couple days ago. I think they'd be a great addition to the cart or maybe a replacement for any number of the current offerings.

It would also be interesting to hear from anyone who has purchased one of these. Maybe give a brief product review??? I have a couple images that I'd be interested in seeing mounted this way, for hanging in my cabin.

Just received several metalprints the other day and I can't stop showing them to everyone. There were a few B&W photos I'd taken of my son on his prom night that I wanted to see in the metalprint. They're just amazing. Order them, you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    Adam SchallauAdam Schallau Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah, working on it.

Andy,

Any idea when the metal prints will be available?

Adam Schallau

Website | Facebook | Grand Canyon Photography Workshops | In the Bag

photographing the landscape, culture and spirit of the American West
  • Options
    brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Andy,

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

You must be new here.
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2009
    Andy,

We're making product pages, I've got samples on my walls and pricing set. My plan is to add 'em as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Adam SchallauAdam Schallau Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We're making product pages, I've got samples on my walls and pricing set. My plan is to add 'em as soon as possible.

Thank you for the update. I'm really looking forward to this product.

Adam Schallau

Website | Facebook | Grand Canyon Photography Workshops | In the Bag

photographing the landscape, culture and spirit of the American West
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009

We've really been ready for a while but we had some tech issues to sort through in adding them, finally did last night. clap.gif

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2009/11/18/new-mounted-and-framed-prints/
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We've really been ready for a while but we had some tech issues to sort through in adding them, finally did last night. clap.gif

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2009/11/18/new-mounted-and-framed-prints/

Thanks!!! I've been busy this morning setting my prices up for these and the other new items!!! Very cool.thumb.gif
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    mrcoons wrote:
    Thanks!!! I've been busy this morning setting my prices up for these and the other new items!!! Very cool.thumb.gif
    Thank you very much!
    Rich
  • Options
    sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    rkw624 wrote:
    Thank you very much!

now if there was only an easy to create a product page explaining what each of these things were instead of having to rip html code. haha
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Well, I'm happy to see these being implemented. Unfortunately, I see that the only finish available on the metal prints is High Gloss and the only finish for the thinwraps is the Metallic/Satin.

This means I definitely won't be buying any metalprints through smugmug. I got two samples from Bay a while back, one in high gloss and the other in satin finish, and I really loved the satin but hated the high gloss. It just reflected too much of the room, almost like a mirror. It was hard to see the actual photo.

I haven't tried the thinwraps yet but again I wish there was more than just one finish available, as there is when ordering direct from Bay Photo. Is there a reason we are not able to get different finishes on these products, like we can with regular prints which are available in metallic, lustre, and glossy?

Also, are there plans to add mounted prints from Bay Photo? Mounted prints form ezprints are pretty useless for me (and probably many other pros) as I print exclusively through Bay Photo.
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    sunxsweet wrote:
    now if there was only an easy to create a product page explaining what each of these things were instead of having to rip html code. haha
    Have you added this awesome suggestion to our Feature Request system? http://smugmug.uservoice.com
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    How much of the sides of a photo are lost wrapping around the edges of a thin-wrap?
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Well, I'm happy to see these being implemented. Unfortunately, I see that the only finish available on the metal prints is High Gloss and the only finish for the thinwraps is the Metallic/Satin.

This means I definitely won't be buying any metalprints through smugmug. I got two samples from Bay a while back, one in high gloss and the other in satin finish, and I really loved the satin but hated the high gloss. It just reflected too much of the room, almost like a mirror. It was hard to see the actual photo.

I have several in my studio - and to me, they are AMAZING! To each his own :)

In the future we'll have all the options, once we have products+addons. For now, we had to limit it to a couple of finishes.

I haven't tried the thinwraps yet but again I wish there was more than just one finish available, as there is when ordering direct from Bay Photo. Is there a reason we are not able to get different finishes on these products, like we can with regular prints which are available in metallic, lustre, and glossy?

Also, are there plans to add mounted prints from Bay Photo? Mounted prints form ezprints are pretty useless for me (and probably many other pros) as I print exclusively through Bay Photo.
    Stay tuned!
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Dan7312 wrote:
    How much of the sides of a photo are lost wrapping around the edges of a thin-wrap?
    Add one to your cart and see thumb.gif

(Not much at all).
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Andy wrote:

I'm sure they do look amazing under the proper lighting, but throwing them up on some random wall in a client's house is a different story.

Looking forward to the rest of the finishes becoming available.
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    I'm sure they do look amazing under the proper lighting, but throwing them up on some random wall in a client's house is a different story.

Looking forward to the rest of the finishes becoming available.
    I have one in normal room light and one in a place floodlit by TONS of sunlight - they both look great.
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Well then I suppose it is a matter of taste. I really hate all the reflections. I'll be waiting for the satin finish, and ordering direct from Bay until then.
  • Options
    WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Thank you to all who worked on this. I just added the metal prints sizes I plan to offer - only 2:3 sizes. I had ordered an 8x12 satin from Bay a couple of weeks ago and have been showing it around. Got a lot of "WOW" and 'what the..." and "how in the heck did they do that!" Hope that translates into orders. I have a couple of 8x12 glossy metals on the way and hope I'm just as impressed with these.

I'm happy to read that you plan on adding the other finishes for thin wraps. I had ordered a lustre with satin and really liked this and so did others that I showed it to. I also ordered a 12x18 metallic satin of one of my waterfall images, but my reaction was just so-so. Others I showed it to said they really liked it. I had previously ordered just a metallic print of a snow scene and really liked that, so maybe it depends on the particular image. I would also really like to offer the canvas thin wrap. Like another poster in a different thread, some of my images don't look good in a canvas gallery wrap because too much of the image wraps around. A lot less of the image wraps around in a thin wrap and these same images would look great as a canvas thin wrap for a frameless print.

Thanks again!!
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2011
    Update?
    Andy wrote: »

In the future we'll have all the options, once we have products+addons. For now, we had to limit it to a couple of finishes.

Stay tuned!

Any idea when more options for metal prints and thin wraps will be available? Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2011
    Any idea when more options for metal prints and thin wraps will be available? Thanks

Hopefully we'll have addons enabled this year. Working on it.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll have addons enabled this year. Working on it.

Thanks for the quick reply, Andy.
  • Options
    bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    I still only see the high gloss metal print finish choice. Any updates on when the other finishes will be offered through SmugMug? It's a pain to have to go outside the SmugMug order process just to get the satin finish on a metal print. :-(
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2012
    Sorry, there's no ETA on when we might be able to add other options.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero