Options

#31 Idea - Feedback Appreciated

CapoGregCapoGreg Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 19, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been a member here for a couple months, but this is my first Challenge entry. I know I'm not nearly as talented at photography as most of you, but I thought of this today and figured I'd offer it for feedback.

For a title I'm thinking: "Open, or leave closed?"

624590883_uGNnC-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hi Greg,

This is a clean shot... beautiful attention to detail here..clap.gif

I love the colors and like the vignette, but you might feather the vignette out just a little to give it some more blend..

I think it works because of the open glasses and the shut JD..

The key will be your title...thumb.gif

If you can avoid using the theme title then even better.

How about Sealed and Ready
    or something like that anyways.. I can't think of any off the top of my head right away, but I am sure others can chime in to help out..

You know..deal.gif

The Jack Daniel's Distillery is just 20 minutes from where I live.mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

When you drive into the town you can smell it..!!! Well, if you can manage to get into the town with all of the biker traffic..rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • Options
    whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    :D Wow....this is a crisp image!

I agree with Kat....your title will be the key to this one.

My only other suggestion would be to even the vignette, which might require a little cropping on the left so that the glass on the right is not covered as much by the vignette.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Have you tried cropping the left to create a more symmetrical image? I know that symmetry is classically a no-no, but you have a nice triangle to your shot (the bottle top and the two glasses) and it might work here.
  • Options
    CapoGregCapoGreg Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 19, 2009
    Kat, thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to think up a better title, but the reason I went with that one first is the bottle and glasses are a matched set from the "Scenes From Lynchburg" commemorative series. They were only available at the distillery for a limited time, and I've had it 4 years, but can't bear to open it.

I'm also going to work on evening and feathering the vignette. Mark, the photo was originally symmetrical, but there was a piece of the table cloth on the right side, which I cropped out and then didn't even it back up.

Thank you all, I'll work on it and have a new one up tomorrow or Friday.
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Good luck with it Greg; Looking forward to seeing your polished version..thumb.gif