Hard Work

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This guy is in his 80s and still working.....

624544133_VDqzT-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Overall nice image, and only one little issue. Iit looks like either you over-cranked an unsharp mask, or did some more cut&paste since there is a thin black line around his back. It doesn't seem like shadow.

Given he's 80, I don't know how it would have worked to have caught him profile so you could see something of him.

Nice image -- right title, farming is hard work.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    YUP I need find out the hocus-pocus used in this one. Not gonna get sucked in like I did on the last one. I'm definitely going to look into fluid mask. (Sits back and waits to hear that this is an original image with no funny stuff going on!) :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Overall nice image, and only one little issue. Iit looks like either you over-cranked an unsharp mask, or did some more cut&paste since there is a thin black line around his back. It doesn't seem like shadow.

Given he's 80, I don't know how it would have worked to have caught him profile so you could see something of him.

Nice image -- right title, farming is hard work.

Thanks for the comment........ I like to play around with PP ..... It isn't cut and paste or over sharpening ....... Just tried to give it a little different look.
    azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    YUP I need find out the hocus-pocus used in this one. Not gonna get sucked in like I did on the last one. I'm definitely going to look into fluid mask. (Sits back and waits to hear that this is an original image with no funny stuff going on!) :D

Original shot Jack...... I've been shooting pictures off and on for 45 years. I love this computer stuff.....Beats chemicals, darkroom and a pile of mistakes in the trash. :D I just tried to give it a little harder look to fit what I thought would make a good shot of and old guy and farming equipment. azzaro
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hey Azzaro,

Thanks for posting images on a regular basis. I think that it's fun to just share images & I like looking at yours. Personally, I don't think each and every photo posted has to be a "wall hanger".

Keep em' coming and keep us guessin' thumb.gif
    Randy
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    edited August 19, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Azzaro,

Thanks for posting images on a regular basis. I think that it's fun to just share images & I like looking at yours. Personally, I don't think each and every photo posted has to be a "wall hanger".

Keep em' coming and keep us guessin' thumb.gif

Hi Randy .... Thanks for the really nice comment.....I shoot stuff that interest me and try to present it the best I can..... I agree, they dont have to all be wall hangers..... THANKS AGAIN azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I like it thumb.gif

Hi Dan......Thanks for the comment:D azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hard to belive....in his 80's and still farming, but that's what keeps him goin'

Good photo and I like your pp's skills on this one. I'm thinking on how you did it headscratch.gif
    edited August 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Hard to belive....in his 80's and still farming, but that's what keeps him goin'

Good photo and I like your pp's skills on this one. I'm thinking on how you did it headscratch.gif

I use Elements, I dont know what you use .... Elements has a section for doing things like color burn, hard light and vivid light to name just a few. I used a combination of those.... Thanks for commenting.... azzaro
    edited August 20, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I use Elements, I dont know what you use .... Elements has a section for doing things like color burn, hard light and vivid light to name just a few. I used a combination of those.... Thanks for commenting.... azzaro

I use CS3, but wish I had Elements. I should be able to do all that in CS3. Geez...you can tell how much I know about CS3 rolleyes1.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Nice photo. Interesting result with your pp choices. Like the intensity of the
    colors. :D The mentioned black line / edge is easily noticed for sure. But its
    maybe just a minor annoyance. Michael
    Michael
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I like it! Interesting processing that fits the subject, IMO. Well done!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 20, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I use CS3, but wish I had Elements. I should be able to do all that in CS3. Geez...you can tell how much I know about CS3 rolleyes1.gif

Hi Mary Kim ... I dont know anything about CS3 but I would think that you can do everything I can do with Elements and much more....... azzaro
    edited August 20, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Nice photo. Interesting result with your pp choices. Like the intensity of the
    colors. :D The mentioned black line / edge is easily noticed for sure. But its
    maybe just a minor annoyance. Michael

Thanks for commenting, DaddyO....... azzaro
    edited August 20, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I like it! Interesting processing that fits the subject, IMO. Well done!

HI Lauren........ Thanks for the nice comment..... azzaro
    edited August 20, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:

I tried it today, but think I picked out the wrong photo. My original photo was taken in the shade so I don't have the light like yours did. Also...mine is missing something headscratch.gif

625670452_idmYt-M.jpg
    edited August 20, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I tried it today, but think I picked out the wrong photo. My original photo was taken in the shade so I don't have the light like yours did. Also...mine is missing something headscratch.gif

625670452_idmYt-M.jpg

I Love Goldens!!!

Had one for 15 years before he needed to go on ahead of me to the pearly gates.
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I Love Goldens!!!

Had one for 15 years before he needed to go on ahead of me to the pearly gates.

Goldens -- they are our soul mates...seems they know what we're thinking all the time. Sorry to hear about your dog not being with you anymore, but he'll be waiting for you when you reach the pearly gates.

15 years -- our oldest (Hannah) will be 14 in Dec. Thats why I'm home this summer. She isn't doing well. The photo on this thread is Tyler...she's 11.

Meet Hannah :D
    edited August 20, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Goldens -- they are our soul mates...seems they know what we're thinking all the time. Sorry to hear about your dog not being with you anymore, but he'll be waiting for you when you reach the pearly gates.

15 years -- our oldest (Hannah) will be 14 in Dec. Thats why I'm home this summer. She isn't doing well. The photo on this thread is Tyler...she's 11.

Meet Hannah :D

Thanks, he's been gone 17 years now. I got my current Dalmatian 2 weeks afterwords, so he's 17 now and were just blessed every day to have him here. I fully understand the responsibility of an older "family member".
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    I am caring for a 14 year old cat who, thankfully, is quite healthy--the kittens keep him going! But I lost my beloved Murphy (yellow lab mix) in March 2007 and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. He was my once-in-a-lifetime dog!! (See my avatar and my site name--Murphy and his red leash are prominent!)

I know how much you all love and cherish your older companions--and they know it too!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SLRdudeSLRdude Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    I quite like the black edges! Gives is a nice "penned in" appearance.
    Looks like it was done with Stylize--> Glowing Edges then the selection was inverted.
    Chip

ad astra per aspera
    edited August 21, 2009
    SLRdude wrote:
    I quite like the black edges! Gives is a nice "penned in" appearance.
    Looks like it was done with Stylize--> Glowing Edges then the selection was inverted.

Penned in appearance ....... I draw in pen and ink.....sometimes..... Thanks for commenting....... Your pretty accurate ...... I was playing around and got the look and stuck with it.... azzaro