Here you go Nik End of the line revisited

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I recently posted a full color shot of this subject here Nik suggested I try some selective colorization to show only the yellow areas. I couldn't just stop there :D
Others wanted to know where all the people were, suggesting it must have been shot late at night. It actually was taken at 10:45 AM on Friday MArch 20, 2009. We arrived at the station just as the cleaning crew were leaving about 15 minutes before the train was to pull out. I was struck by how clean the station and train were not having been on the subway in quite a few years. I was used to lots of grime and graffiti and trash so kudos to the transit system.

623303999_SfupK-XL.jpg

Not sure whether the yellow on the right adds or subtracts so removed it here. What do you think.

623320029_XmjR9-XL.jpg

I just love blue!
626296810_t4J4g-XL.jpg

623303894_sNfJf-XL.jpg

The full gallery with other options can be seen here

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hey Jack,

I liked the original & I'm not really a selective color person, but I must say:

I really like the shot with the blue interior thumb.gif
    Randy
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    These are great Jack. clap.gif Ihave not been in the NYC subways in several decades (wow that sounds old rolleyes1.gif ) and so I remember them as you do. I like the last one best, and I am one of the few that do like selective color.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Jack,

I like the original best. Second choice is that with the blue interior.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Howdy Jack,

I really liked the original image, but have to say the selective color on the middle 2 are my favorites, the one with the blue interior my gets my Vote.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    I like them all, Jack, with the original barely edging out the yellow selctive for first.

Very good work! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Jack,

I liked the original & I'm not really a selective color person, but I must say:

I really like the shot with the blue interior thumb.gif

Thanks Randy I quite agree!

Jack
    edited August 20, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    These are great Jack. clap.gif Ihave not been in the NYC subways in several decades (wow that sounds old rolleyes1.gif ) and so I remember them as you do. I like the last one best, and I am one of the few that do like selective color.

Thanks for looking in Dan. I like the last one too as a B&W. As for the color choices I like the full color and the blue interior shot about equally but for different reasons.

Jack
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    +1 to all the above. I loved the original, and the blue interior shot is the only one that keeps that same feel. The yellow ones move my attention out of the car to the side of the train, which ins't where I want to be.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I like them all incl. the original......clap.gif Good job jack azzarro
    edited August 20, 2009
    Jack,

I like the original best. Second choice is that with the blue interior.

Tom
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Jack,

I really liked the original image, but have to say the selective color on the middle 2 are my favorites, the one with the blue interior my gets my Vote.

Thanks Tom and Craig.

Of these four I like the one with the blue interior because it's not obviously selective colorization. The station itself could well be a simple monotone concrete and steel environment and it's equally reasonable that the interior of the subway car would have some color.

Jack
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Glad you went for it! bowdown.gif
    I like #2 (one solid yellow line) a lot.
    I would be really torn between that and the blue, but IMHO blue should continue in other windows, so all the "inside" should be in color, not just the door!
    Great job on the capture and postprocessing!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 21, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Glad you went for it! bowdown.gif
    I like #2 (one solid yellow line) a lot.
    I would be really torn between that and the blue, but IMHO blue should continue in other windows, so all the "inside" should be in color, not just the door!
    Great job on the capture and postprocessing!thumb.gif

Thanks for the nice comments Nik. You have a very perceptive eye regarding the other windows.
    I've added that revision to the original post.

Jack
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Thanks for the nice comments Nik. You have a very perceptive eye regarding the other windows.
    I've added that revision to the original post.
    thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"