Recent shoot of a familys little ones C&c

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited August 20, 2009 in People
had a shoot a week ago or so with a friends family's little ones. C&C welcome.

DSC_0011copy-1.jpg

DSC_0018copy.jpg

DSC_0021copy.jpg

DSC_0023copy-1.jpg

DSC_0036copy-1.jpg

DSC_0046copy.jpg

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    1. Love the B&W and the expression but looks a bit soft.

2. Nice sharp eyes and a beautiful smile.

3. Nice reaction. :D

4. Beautiful job on the eyes again but this one also seems ever-so-slightly soft. I don't like the pose....pretty cheesy...reminds me of the "toddler pageant look". (just my cheesy opinion, however. :D)

5. OOF issues here as well but boy oh boy look at those eyes. Crystals like that deserve to be razor sharp.

6. You could get lost in those wonderful blue caves! The DNA fairy didn't forget these wonderful children. :D (this one still seems soft)

Were you in [M]anual or [A]perture priority and was focus set to manual or auto?
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Thanks for the c&c. i shot [M]anual, with auto focus. number one i knew was soft but family actually liked it that way.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Excellent set of photos of the children.

I like #1 of the baby best. The other two have framing that seem to be off a little.

The girl is a natural in front of the camera. #2 is a beautiful shot of her. #3 shows that she has a flair for the dramatic, though I like this shot of her the least. #4 looks like a "head shot" for a theatrical production and she poses for it well.

I expect that the family enjoyed the entire set.
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I like the frames of the girl, with #2 and #4 being the best of the set imho. The photos of the baby could be better framed I think, specially #5 and 6. If you could number these next time, that would be really help :)
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Great set!! I second the votes on 2&4. Lighting is nice and even without being flat. Yeah, the baby seems soft. Were you shooting at a pretty high shutter speed? All that aside, I'm sure the parents loved all 6...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site