#31 another idea

kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I had another idea besides the zinnia blossom and bud. Please tell me which one you think would be the better entry for the challenge (I can take the zinnias out if I need to). Not sure what to do! :dunno

I'll post both here for comparison.

Thanks!

Kara

Wink
623611522_rwd4h-L.jpg

The Package
624759474_8mECV-L.jpg

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Kara,
    I can't see your second image, don't know if that's just me.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Kara,

Just a red "x" - make sure external links are enabled!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Kara,

Can't see it either
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    ic4u wrote:
    Can't see it either
    Sorry guys, that's odd. I uploaded it same as I did the other. I'll try again.

The Package

624759474_8mECV-L.jpg

Can you see it now?
    edited August 19, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    Sorry guys, that's odd. I uploaded it same as I did the other. I'll try again.

The Package

624759474_8mECV-L.jpg

Can you see it now?

No ma'am.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 19, 2009
    No ma'am.
    Sigh. This is really weird and frustrating. A third try.

The Package
    624759474_8mECV-M.jpg

Ok. This better work b/c I'm getting mad. Obviously, I've posted photos before and I'm doing the exact same thing and it is in the exact same gallery as the zinnias are, so not sure what the issue is. grrrr.headscratch.gif
    edited August 19, 2009
    Now?

The Package

624759474_8mECV-M.jpg
    edited August 19, 2009
    Yep, it's there now....gotta go put my daughter to bed then I'll think on this one
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    Now?

The Package

624759474_8mECV-M.jpg
    Hi Kara,

Are you able to see it when you click on the "Preview Post" button before you post? If no, then it won't show up when you post it, if yes, I would think it should.

Anyway, it is still not showing.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

edited August 19, 2009
    Now that the Amazing Disappearing Photograph has appeared at least once, I'm going to try to make it appear in a size large. cross fingers . . . and . . .

The Package
    624759474_8mECV-L.jpg

Tah dah?

No tah dah?
    edited August 19, 2009
    ic4u wrote:
    Yep, it's there now....gotta go put my daughter to bed then I'll think on this one

You sure? Not there for me.
    Allen Parseghian

edited August 19, 2009
    Kara - 100% honesty here - IMO your original entry is much stronger.

It's an egg...doesn't keep my attention. I can "see" the whole image in about 2 seconds. There is nothing to keep my attention, nothing that invites discovery, nothing that provokes thought.

Keepn' it real! :Drolleyes1.gif But I still think you're a swell person!thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif
    - Christopher
    edited August 19, 2009
    You sure? Not there for me.

I haven't tried the preview button. I'll try it now.

The Package. Again.

624759474_8mECV-XL.jpg

well, it's there in the Preview Post button mode. Allen?

And I must say, it's rather anti-climactic after all this! :)
    edited August 19, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    I haven't tried the preview button. I'll try it now.

The Package. Again.

624759474_8mECV-XL.jpg

well, it's there in the Preview Post button mode. Allen?

And I must say, it's rather anti-climactic after all this! :)

It's interesting that some can see it, but it is still not showing for me. I swear, I have nothing against eggs, so come on, show up! eek7.gif
    Allen Parseghian

edited August 19, 2009
    It's interesting that some can see it, but it is still not showing for me. I swear, I have nothing against eggs, so come on, show up! eek7.gif

What Allen....you're not telepathic like me! rolleyes1.gif
    - Christopher
    edited August 19, 2009
    oh man Kara,
    There is such high expectations now, lol.
    I still can't see it on mine, so I don't know what the deal is.

I do still really like your first entry though, but now I must see the elusive egg. Don't keep me hangin'.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 19, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Kara - 100% honesty here - IMO your original entry is much stronger.

It's an egg...doesn't keep my attention. I can "see" the whole image in about 2 seconds. There is nothing to keep my attention, nothing that invites discovery, nothing that provokes thought.

Keepn' it real! :Drolleyes1.gif But I still think you're a swell person!thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Okay, so maybe it's a magic egg? . . . No? Sorry, getting a little punchy at bedtime here! Maybe I was going for simplicity? Maybe (mumble mumble) I had some crazy good lighting imagined in my head and then my first egg crashed to the bedroom floor and the dog licked it up and then I hot glue gunned the second egg to my laptop stand forgetting that I couldn't get off a crazy glued egg without breaking it so the dog got two eggs this evening and maybe both my cheapo little 'studio in a bag' lights wouldn't work for some reason, and maybe I ended up using a book light behind the egg because that's the only light that the appliance part of it wouldn't show and maybe I tried all sorts of lighting and stuff from different angles but I just couldn't make it work and on top of that I couldn't figure out why my camera wouldn't focus and then maybe I had the brilliant idea of 'candling' the egg (you know, like they do to see if it's been fertilized) but then I just made a mess with the wax dripping on the black laptop stand that the egg was hot glue gunned to and it didn't glow through the egg like I imagined it would. Just maybe. Just sayin'. rolleyes1.gif

Christopher, that kind of input is exactly what I need - so thank you. I like keepin' it real! :D
    edited August 19, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    Okay, so maybe it's a magic egg? . . . No? Sorry, getting a little punchy at bedtime here! Maybe I was going for simplicity? Maybe (mumble mumble) I had some crazy good lighting imagined in my head and then my first egg crashed to the bedroom floor and the dog licked it up and then I hot glue gunned the second egg to my laptop stand forgetting that I couldn't get off a crazy glued egg without breaking it so the dog got two eggs this evening and maybe both my cheapo little 'studio in a bag' lights wouldn't work for some reason, and maybe I ended up using a book light behind the egg because that's the only light that the appliance part of it wouldn't show and maybe I tried all sorts of lighting and stuff from different angles but I just couldn't make it work and on top of that I couldn't figure out why my camera wouldn't focus and then maybe I had the brilliant idea of 'candling' the egg (you know, like they do to see if it's been fertilized) but then I just made a mess with the wax dripping on the black laptop stand that the egg was hot glue gunned to and it didn't glow through the egg like I imagined it would. Just maybe. Just sayin'. rolleyes1.gif

Christopher, that kind of input is exactly what I need - so thank you. I like keepin' it real! :D

I am Laughing.gif here....my coworkers are wondering what the heck I'm laughing about! What's so funny Kara.....I bet you could ask just about anyone here and they'd tell you a similarly funny story about the lengths they'd gone to and the ordeal they'd been through for a photo. rolleyes1.gif Don't even ask me about circular shaped ice.eek7.gif

But wait......don't just take my input.....I'm certain others will LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo.
    - Christopher
    edited August 19, 2009
    oh man Kara,
    There is such high expectations now, lol.
    I still can't see it on mine, so I don't know what the deal is.

I do still really like your first entry though, but now I must see the elusive egg. Don't keep me hangin'.

Oh the pressure! :uhoh
    I honestly don't know what to do to get it to show up, though. Doesn't really make sense that it is showing up for some people but not for others, or that it shows in the Preview Post but not on the post. unless anyone has further instructions for me on that anomaly, I think I'm done trying to post it. It'll just be up to Karin and Christopher! mwink.gif
    edited August 19, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    Oh the pressure! :uhoh
    I honestly don't know what to do to get it to show up, though. Doesn't really make sense that it is showing up for some people but not for others, or that it shows in the Preview Post but not on the post. unless anyone has further instructions for me on that anomaly, I think I'm done trying to post it. It'll just be up to Karin and Christopher! mwink.gif

Karin......Karin......do you hear us??!! The pressure is on you now!
    - Christopher
    edited August 19, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Karin......Karin......do you hear us??!! The pressure is on you now!

Sorry, I'm back.Hmmm....I see it in post#7 & 8, and then again in Allen's first response, but nothing after that. I'm afraid I'm clueless. I'm wondering if this might be a good moderator question?
    But FWIW Kara, I much prefer your original entry. Don"t get me wrong, you shot the egg very nicely, but, themewise IMHO(in my humble opinion) the flower is stronger, and very beautiful if I may add
    Karin

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    An egg? I thought it was a box? I dunno... I can't see any of them...headscratch.gif

Sometimes it helps to log out of smugmug, clear your cookies and cache, then log back in and then go to customize, on the gallery it is in, and make sure that external links is checked, then save and back out and then refresh, then try to re-post the url on the thread..
    Don't ask why, I just know it helps. I have had this happen before too.. It may be your cookies or something like that..headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    I'm also not seeing it... I wonder whether the issue is browser-related. Anyone else using safari?
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    I'm also not seeing it... I wonder whether the issue is browser-related. Anyone else using safari?

I am on Firefox 3.0
    edited August 19, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:

Good thought, but it doesn't explain why I can see it in some posts but not othersheadscratch.gif
    Karin

• dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    I want to see that dang egg now! I read all the way through this post... I want the egg! :toni

seriously, did you make sure that the little box below the picture on your site isn't checked? the one that says "Hide Photo"?
    edited August 20, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    I want to see that dang egg now! I read all the way through this post... I want the egg! :toni

seriously, did you make sure that the little box below the picture on your site isn't checked? the one that says "Hide Photo"?

Donna - believe me, the egg isn't worth all that! And yes, I did.

I'm on Google Chrome, which up to this point has worked just fine with posting images and everything else. Let's see if this link will get you to it.

http://karastewart.smugmug.com/gallery/9289915_ArYWL#624759474_8mECV

Karin - thanks for the input - I'll stick with my original zinnia entry! It's a good thing you all are around when I have my 'brilliant' second ideas . . . . :D
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    thought i'd chime in and let you know that the link only takes me to a gallery with the flower images...I see no egg shot ne_nau.gif

For what it's worth I like the flower image!
    edited August 21, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    thought i'd chime in and let you know that the link only takes me to a gallery with the flower images...I see no egg shot ne_nau.gif

For what it's worth I like the flower image!

Thanks, but that is so weird! I uploaded the egg right to the same gallery, in the same way as the flower shots. And on my screen, there it sits, especially since the smugmug uploader said 1 file received. I rearraged the gallery to have the egg first, so there was at least something there to rearrange.

Oddly, I noticed in another person's pre-challenge c&c thread that they also thought they showed a photo here, but the red x appeared instead. I am wondering if this is a smugmug glitch?

And thanks for letting us know, lilmomma!
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    kds1 wrote:

I feel your pain. (2 dozen later, didn't even make it to the finals!)

Eggs aren't all they're cracked up to be. rolleyes1.gif