200mm f1.8 worried?

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited June 28, 2005 in Cameras
Just read that canon was no longer servicing the 200mm f1.8. :(: What do you do if repairs are needed?

I have not had my copy very long, and paid a premium to boot.:cry Thought about unloading it but replace it with what? No other lens in my limited collection can touch it and I need/want the speed (hate flashes). Should be able to recoup the cost of the lens in a few more months. Guess I'll just hope for the best.
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    don't worry. lots of canon authorized shops in the u.s. will service this lens. and you can bet that the bigger ones have bought up the parts inventory. furthermore, usm is extremely reliable!

enjoy your lens,
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    lots of canon authorized shops in the u.s. will service this lens. and you can bet that the bigger ones have bought up the parts inventory.
    Any shops stand out above the rest?
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Any shops stand out above the rest?

couldn't say. do a search in your area and start calling folks - best to be preapared ahead of time, eh? deal.gif