Whip me on my photoshop

eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in Landscapes
So I am working my way through Scott's 7-Point System with some extra help from OnOne. Please comment on what I did good on and what I could do better.
Thanks for your time.
Dean
625038101_KAqzv-L.jpg
625038261_hBgya-L.jpg
The base texture is from a close up of a part on the old farm equipment with an overlay of canvas then removed from the equipment.625038170_2UwLU-L.jpg

Your Favorite is 3 votes

Number #1
0% 0 votes
Number #2
33% 1 vote
Number #3
66% 2 votes
None of the above
0% 0 votes

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    A suggestion. Straighten the horizon in all of them. I think that would help.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    A suggestion. Straighten the horizon in all of them. I think that would help.

good one I missed that. I have fixed two of the three but will keep the original photos in place for this posting. Thanks for the help
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Nice treatment on all, but #3 is my favorite here. thumb.gif I think the subject is a little too centered, however.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I'm not a fan of any quite honestly. The third one is the most interesting, but the tones seem to mush together a little too much. Beyond post processing, the image is too static, and I don't get a sense of scale (or wonder) about what you are presenting.

M
  • eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    eyeguy wrote:
    So I am working my way through Scott's 7-Point System with some extra help from OnOne. Please comment on what I did good on and what I could do better.
    Thanks for your time.
    Dean
    625038101_KAqzv-L.jpg
    625038261_hBgya-L.jpg
    The base texture is from a close up of a part on the old farm equipment with an overlay of canvas then removed from the equipment.625038170_2UwLU-L.jpg

Fixed the horizon in two of the photos and cropped
    625445564_tFuPS-L.jpg
    625445688_2QVk6-L.jpg