Grandson shots with fill flash...

Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
edited August 20, 2009 in People
Good morning...just thought I would post some grandson photos. Images were taken with the idea that once scrap booked the extra information would be appreciated later in his life. So, I left a little extra to sort of give the feeling of where he was at the time of the shot. CC welcome.

He wasn't smiling in most of the images, but I wanted to capture what was on his mind at the time, if you can understand that. I have plenty of him smiling and giggling but find kid's serious faces a bit intriguing.

Taken with a D300, 24-70MM Nikor, and SB900 with diffuser. Flash was balanced so as not to be intrusive. Images were taken mid-morning on a slightly overcast day. Mostly SOOC with minimal processing. (Flowers are a little too colorful...I will have to run them through LR and pull them back a little...when I get the time...busy, busy, busy.)

1. Seth wants to share the flower he found. Age 1 year, 11 months.

599878752_dmKkX-L.jpg

2. Seth's favorite outside toy. He pushes it all over the yard.
599878644_m3h6K-L.jpg

3. Seth has found something else to show me...like most his age, he never stops picking up stuff...the endless curiosity of a child.
599878716_g5WH9-L.jpg

4. Seth is telling me that he's had just about enough of the flashy thingy.

600034792_uNk2v-L.jpg
Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Cute kid and really nice use of the flash!!
    Love his expressions. 3 is the only one that doesn't work so much since I can't tell that he's holding anything.

Betcha if you got down low and he was playing with the truck, he'd let you flashy-thing him all day long.....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    The fourth one is lovely. That particular spot and that time of day is perfect for portrait work. Check of the slight shadow shading on his left side. You can really work that spot for some great portraits. I could have a blast at that spot.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Cute kid and really nice use of the flash!!
    Love his expressions. 3 is the only one that doesn't work so much since I can't tell that he's holding anything.

Betcha if you got down low and he was playing with the truck, he'd let you flashy-thing him all day long.....
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    - Andrew

He he...I know what you mean...he picks up anything and everything...most ot the time it's so small that you can't see what it is after you get there...just want to make sure he doesn't try to eat it.

Oh, I've shot plenty of him with the truck...it's just a real workout chasing him and the light as he scoots across the yard. He likes the porch...and he likes to push his dump truck off of it and watch as it careens across the sidewalk...something that I frown upon...and he was just about to do it again when I stopped him and began taking pictures.

Thanks Andrew...
    Hackbone wrote:
    The fourth one is lovely. That particular spot and that time of day is perfect for portrait work. Check of the slight shadow shading on his left side. You can really work that spot for some great portraits. I could have a blast at that spot.

Yep...when it's slightly overcast...it's very nice for the shadows...like a big light box. If you look at the sheen on his hair and the shadows you can tell where the sun was...just add a little fill flash to run the racoons away and that's about it.

Thanks Hackbone for your comments
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed