Washers

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Pretty fun for throwing a washer in a hole from 21 ft .. took these with my 50mm @ 1.8 and a -1.7 ev.. was mostly just testing, but I like the profile shots. C&C surely appreciated.

The players..

Brandon.jpg

Dean.jpg

missed it by that much
washers.jpg
Devin

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    My problem is that I have no idea what these people are doing. I think if you could get the washer in the picture (like #2, I can't even see the guy's hand) it might do a lot more.

Maybe get the hole, person, and the washer in the shot too. I'm just not sure that a profile shot, this close, really helps the viewer figure out what is going on.

#3 is sort of cool as you have the washer bouncing. What if you had the people in the background, enough DOF that you could make them out, and the washer bouncing? I think, at least in my mind, one would immediate realize that there is a hole, something to go into the hole, clearly a game, and there in the background are the people who are throwing these washers at the hole.

I wonder if you will have the opportunity to shoot washers again. If so, perhaps trying some different angles and positions, and including more context in the image might help a lot.ne_nau.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Never heard about pitching washers --- just pitching pennies against a wall. I agree that you need to show more of the washers in the peoples hands so you know what they are doing.

Looks like a neat game -- I'm going to have to try that. Beats throwing cards into a hat :D
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Fair enough.. point taken, i have one.. but is sooc and not one of my best shots. I will try and have a nother go at it though. It really is a fun game and very simplistic, it's like a lazy man's horeshoes

DeanandBrandon-1.jpg
    Devin
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Looks like it might have focused on the houses in the background. I like it a bit better though as it shows that they are throwing something.

I'd like to see your shots when you play again. Good luck (if you are playing as well.)thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    I look forward to seeing your next shoot of photos on what looks like a really fun game. Maybe play the game in an empty lot somewhere. By an old abandoned building or something in that nature when you take your next photos.

My son has a horseshoe pit in his backyard -- I'm going to have to show him this game :D