• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Awesome! thumb.gif

That's a powerful word Joel ~ Thank you kindly
    Randy
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I love those God-rays coming down. The cloud formations are pretty cool too. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited August 20, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    I love those God-rays coming down. The cloud formations are pretty cool too. thumb.gif

Yeah, those don't last long. Luckily I was able to stop and get a shot off.

Thanks for commenting Mahesh
    Randy
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    "God-rays," that's perfect Mahesh.

Randy,
    What a great opportunity. I don't know what software tools you use, but I would make two improvements for a KO shot:

1. Mask the clouds and use a combo of high clarity and contrast, medium saturation, reduced brightness and play with the exposure. It will add depth and dimension to the clouds.

2. i'd also dodge the foreground where the rays hit. In addition to showing detail within the valley (after all there's the light), the grasses in the foreground have a lovely golden hue that the world deserves to see.

Nice shot.

M
    edited August 20, 2009
    "God-rays," that's perfect Mahesh.

Randy,
    What a great opportunity. I don't know what software tools you use, but I would make two improvements for a KO shot:

1. Mask the clouds and use a combo of high clarity, medium saturation, reduced brightness and play with the exposure. It will add depth and contrast to the clouds.

2. i'd also dodge the foreground where the rays hit. In addition to showing detail within the valley (after all there's the light), the grasses in the foreground have a lovely golden hue that the world deserves to see.

Nice shot.

M

Miguel,

Even though I shot this with a 5DMkII at a decent ISO, if you saw the original compared to this processing you'd see how far this has been messaged as is. I'm not really pleased with it, and I worked it over 3 different times and this is the best I could get without a total noisefest.

I really appreciate your effort to help push this image into a "wall-hanger" category, but I just couldn't get it there :cry
    Randy