Suggestion for new challenge/topic

RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
edited June 29, 2005 in Finishing School
I was curious as to how others would feel about a Photoshop Challenge/Tutorial Thread. The idea being that someone would post an image for others to improve\enhance in Photoshop\Paintshop. The thread would be geared towards Beginner\intermediate Photoshop users (like me) and give them opportunity to work with images and get feedback on their Photoshop work.

This could be a challenge thread where the "best" rendition wins, or just a feedback thread. If needed a limit of an image per day/week could be imposed.

Creative cropping, color correction, sharpening etc could all be used to improve the image. The poster should outline the steps he/she took to improve the image so that others could learn.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    Here is a thread that a member started a while ago.Are you thinking something like this?
  • RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Here is a thread that a member started a while ago.Are you thinking something like this?
    Yes, kind of like this, but was hoping to appeal more to the new user. With only 1 reply to my original message this may not be that great of an idea.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Yes, kind of like this, but was hoping to appeal more to the new user. With only 1 reply to my original message this may not be that great of an idea.
    We're in the process of trying to the the Digital Darkroom Assignments back up and running.

I'd really like to repeat some of the first DD Assignments. A lot of the early assignments (B&W conversion, Cropping, etc...) are good for Photoshop rookies while providing a chance for more experience Photoshopers to try out different techniques. In fact I think we'll see a lot of the folks who participated in the early assignments will participate again.

We'll just have to see what happens!