My summer babysitter...

Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in People
My summer babysitter, Brianna (15), wanted to surprise her dad with some photos. We did this the day before she left (she spends the summers with her dad) and the only time we could get out was around 11. I went back out after 2 to reshoot some I wasn't very happy with.

C&C always welcome and greatly appreciated.

1. This is a reshoot.
625345378_b8HKP-M.jpg

2. This one is also a reshoot.
625345910_eJnpd-M.jpg

3. I'm thinking of going back to get rid of her tan lines. She liked them because none of her friends have tans. Too much rain where she lives.
625343313_qp7sH-M.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I like 1 & 3. I don't know what about 2 isn't working for me; its a nice picture. Nice images.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I like them all and she's a cute kid. I like your use of natural light a lot.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 20, 2009
    For me in #2 that block of rock looks as if it's shooting from her stomach...All the others are great!
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I like 1 & 3. I don't know what about 2 isn't working for me; its a nice picture. Nice images.
    Thanks. I think it might be the block jutting out of her gut. ne_nau.gif
    I like them all and she's a cute kid. I like your use of natural light a lot.
    Thank you. I was hoping that she would look her age. We had a good time getting these shots.
    captain78 wrote:
    For me in #2 that block of rock looks as if it's shooting from her stomach...All the others are great!
    I'm with you on that one. I am going to mess with it some more.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    1 and 3 - #2 is a bit over-exposed and the background detracts.

3 - this is the clear winner. I love how well you balanced your flash with the ambient and bringing the bright sun under control. Very well done indeed.

As for her looking her age - I'm not a big fan of the braids, but maybe that's who she is.

For the skin work - I would leave the tan lines there unless you just want to do that work (it's not hard).
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    1 and 3 - #2 is a bit over-exposed and the background detracts.

3 - this is the clear winner. I love how well you balanced your flash with the ambient and bringing the bright sun under control. Very well done indeed.

As for her looking her age - I'm not a big fan of the braids, but maybe that's who she is.

For the skin work - I would leave the tan lines there unless you just want to do that work (it's not hard).
    Thanks Scott. Yes, she wears her hair like this often. I tried to get her to take down the braids but she kept saying that then her hair would get in her face. After we were done she let her hair down and I wanted to get her back out. It was beautiful. She refused. Oh well, she is a teenager after all.rolleyes1.gif