The start and the End

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 22, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey guys i went on 3 days trip to north of Pakistan Kaghan Valley. 2 days traveling and 1 day for roaming around. Full valley is between 2000 to 14000 feet above sea level. I stayed at a place 7000 feet. It took 10hours by road.
626003734_9PXVN-L.jpg
On our way, tire of our ride got burst. While tire was changed i took my camera out and start clicking around a place where there were lots of tree trunks resting in peace :cry under flowers. I realize it was great if trunk was in focus but i had no tripod to get creative :wink
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Great shot, Awais! I love all the beautiful colors you have captured. The small, pink flowers, in particular, are very nice. The slightly oof FG doesn't really bother me much.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Great shot, Awais! I love all the beautiful colors you have captured. The small, pink flowers, in particular, are very nice. The slightly oof FG doesn't really bother me much.

Hey thanks Mahesh ! :D
    I will try to post all photos in Journey Forum soon. Man it was so beautiful all around and i was praying for tire bursts all the time. rolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Hey thanks Mahesh ! :D
    I will try to post all photos in Journey Forum soon. Man it was so beautiful all around and i was praying for tire bursts all the time. rolleyes1.gif

Wow then you got what you wished for! Remind me to pack comfortable walking shoes if I am ever traveling with you lol3.gif

What I love most about this image is that it is like a rainbow when you look at it from top to bottom :ivar
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    huh..cool, the lines of teh tree trunks mimic the hills perfectly.thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    huh..cool, the lines of teh tree trunks mimic the hills perfectly.thumb.gif

+1 15524779-Ti.gif
    Randy
    edited August 22, 2009
    Thanks guys :D

Processing other images from trip mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • MarcyMarcy Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    what a nice shot from a place that we only see tragic glimpses on the TV
    edited August 22, 2009
    Marcy wrote:
    what a nice shot from a place that we only see tragic glimpses on the TV

Thanks a lot Marcy for kind words. Pakistan is surly different than what TV displays.

I have posted more photos from this journey in Journeys forum here is the link keep looking i will add more photos soon.

My Gallery