Options

What do you think of these N U T S?

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in Landscapes
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• Options
    thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    These are good. I like the FG rock a lot! However, I think there just isn't enough contrast to really separate the sky from the ocean here. I wonder if the color version may work better.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    These are good. I like the FG rock a lot! However, I think there just isn't enough contrast to really separate the sky from the ocean here. I wonder if the color version may work better.

yea that's what i thought minimal contrast between foreground and horizon there. on the 2nd pic (NUTS AGAIN) i did a little dodge and burn there.. to give a little contrast.

the colored ones are not that good.:D Hence, the decision to convert to monochrome. haha
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    GORIO wrote:
    3838625085_2bdde9e10b.jpg

I like the lines made by the surf in the sand. The lighter you make the rest of the image the more attention will be given to the nuts. You may try taking most contrast out of everything above the nuts, as well, make it brighter/high-keyne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    I like the lines made by the surf in the sand. The lighter you make the rest of the image the more attention will be given to the nuts. You may try taking most contrast out of everything above the nuts, as well, make it brighter/high-keyne_nau.gif

hi marc, thanks for the inputs. i just quite didn't get what you mean by your last statement? particularly "brighter/high-key"?rolleyes1.gif