A dog that has lost all interest in being photographed.

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
So it seems I can't stop buying camera stuff. After this one I think I am done. At least that is what I keep telling myself. I picked up a Nikon 17-55 AFS 2.8. I unpacked the new toy last night and started shooting everything around the house. I really liked this shot of one of my favorite subjects. This was at 17mm f2.8 The wide angle really seems to give length. I used a downloaded BW preset for LR. For this image the treatment seemed to work well.

625880194_KPLdj-XL.jpg

So what do you think? CC welcome.

Comments

• goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    I definately think the title is right on. Definately doesn't look interested in a photo shoot. I do think the b/w works for this shot.thumb.gif
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Great shot! The endless money drain problem is a common one.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Howdy Zerodog,

really like what you've presented us with, a great shot with very nice perspective.

Very good details, would love to see his face, but I really think

your Hound has not lost all interest in photography,

but bowing to Honor his Masters Talents:D

Would love to see more, from this shot can't really tell

what breed they are.

Have a Great Weekend
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    I really like the perspective, and this shot works very well in black and white.

Yesterday, I took one of my dogs in for her check up and they wanted a photo. She would not look at the camera- she was so unimpressed.

Caroline
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Thanks for looking everyone!

His name is Boo. Named after Boo Radley in "To Kill a Mockingbird", because he is misunderstood. He is a 7 year old American Pitbull Terrier that I found on New Years day at a coffee shop. He was just a pup then. And he was pretty sick. He had no hair on the back half of his body and was rail thin. I think Boo had been living outside. That is no good for a nearly hairless dog in the winter. At the time he was about 25lbs and I thought he was full grown. But he just kept getting bigger. I think he was 78lbs the last time I weighed him. I think he is probably the laziest dog on the planet. Nothing really gets him going except dirtbikes and bicycles. He probably sleeps 20hrs a day and seems happiest while he is laying on the couch or in the sun in his backyard.

Here is another shot of our pup.

467814050_BY6Z5-L.jpg