Mount Baker- Grey skies, no delight..

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited June 12, 2010 in Landscapes
Hoped to capture some sunset images of Mount Baker from Cougar Divide but the advancing low pressure system offered more grey skies than sunset-

626465249_yFCVf-XL.jpg

626464270_hgxoS-L.jpg

626464353_gVQCa-L.jpg

4. Mount Shuksan
626464500_HgoJ6-L.jpg

5. Sunset many miles away
626464512_XWz5d-L.jpg

626465402_2YF8k-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    nice set, Steve. i was gonna head up that way on Wednesday, but i got as far as Everett, and saw that the sky was nothing but gray-white overcast, so i decided to save the gas for another day...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Steve,

you guys live in beautiful areas. Nice captures, I especially enjoyed the sunset image with the smaller peaks in the distance.
    Randy
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Steve, you may not have had the best light, but you sure maximized what you had. These images are terrific! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Thanks, guys!..
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Skies may be gray, but your photos are very nice!! I think you did great for what you had to work with!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Excellent shots, you made lemonade from lemons. 5 and 6 are my favorites. thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Great series! I think a bad day shooting in the mountains is better than a good day shooting here . . . rolleyes1.gif
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    They are all great shots. In particular, the orange sunset shot that has a nice series of fading silhouettes that enhance the sense of scale. Seems there is a slight blue cast to the last image, not sure if that's intentional or not, but it does make you feel the change in the weather. Thanks for sharing these shots.

Art
    http://www.gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Light may be everything in photography, but light isn't everything in photography.

You may not have been able to capture a bunch of orange sunset skies, but you captured some lovely, textured skies that are much more interesting than a flat overcast.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"