Options

Wedding Blog Collages

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited June 2, 2010 in Weddings
Related to a wedding blog specifically, wanted to create some collages for clients. Pat Furey and Angie do this process flawlessly, just for some examples. Can anyone direct me towards a tutorial on how to create these? My pre-set templates in PSE 7 are all very "unworthy". I was hoping for a clean, straight-forward approach...no tilts, no borders other than white or black, etc. Do I simply do this myself by combining different crops in one file, then snap my lines together to line everything up?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I am referring to a few wedding blogs specifically so I wasn't really sure. Thank you all for any input you can and are willing to provide. :thumb

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    The same software discussed in this thread about album design can be used for collages as well
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=140745
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    For very basic collages, the "make collage" feature in Picasa (the desktop version) works very nicely. It's nothing special, but I've used it successfully for single collage pages, and also for doing a "grid" lineup for a multi-shot sequence I wanted to do as a one-page print. It worked very well.

It offers two different mosaic layouts, a "pile" of photos, a scrapbook style page with tilts on each photo, a proof-sheet, and a basic grid. Each version of Picasa seems to offer more control over each element, so it's getting increasingly user-friendly each time they tweak it, IMO. (I just realised last week that you can adjust the tilt of each individual photo in the scrapbook pages!)

It's no-frills, but it does the job, it's free, and it's extremely simple to use!

Two examples (forgive non-wedding content - first was for a thread in the main People forum discussing outtakes of kids, and the second was just something I did for a friend)

This was the "picture pile" setting, but I twiddle around with them individually to spread it all out, also adjusting the angles
    610749493_7fyv5-S.jpg

And this was the "Grid" (I did the tear edges via a PS action before I loaded them into Picasa)
    627292818_6c2KG-S.jpg
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    iloveyou.gif

I don't use any templates .... just snapping to lines, that's it. thumb.gif

Once you've done it a couple of times, it's a question of 10 minutes for a 16 photo collage ... no biggie, choosing the photos takes me longer than actually putting them in ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Mark5566Mark5566 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 1, 2010
    Wedding Collage Tutorials
    4661575127_b5f0eca0e0.jpg

The step-by-step instructions will let you know clearly how to use your wedding photos to personalize Wedding Collages in three minutes with Photo Collage Software.

This is the Wedding Collage Tutorial source:" How to DIY your personalized Wedding Collages " .iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    I use the free photoshop actions from CoffeeShop when I don't have a lot of time to create a collage-style blog post from scratch. It's really easy. It's basically a bunch of clipping masks and layers...but the nice thing about it is it walks you through each step...very nice! Check it out: http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/2009/09/coffeeshop-web-storyboard-1-pspse.html There are a lot more free templates to browse through. Hope this is what you had in mind...it kind of looks like the Furey posts.
    Related to a wedding blog specifically, wanted to create some collages for clients. Pat Furey and Angie do this process flawlessly, just for some examples. Can anyone direct me towards a tutorial on how to create these? My pre-set templates in PSE 7 are all very "unworthy". I was hoping for a clean, straight-forward approach...no tilts, no borders other than white or black, etc. Do I simply do this myself by combining different crops in one file, then snap my lines together to line everything up?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I am referring to a few wedding blogs specifically so I wasn't really sure. Thank you all for any input you can and are willing to provide. thumb.gif
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+