Chelsea...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited August 23, 2009 in People
Its unfortunate that Smugmug share buttons are missing since the last upgrade...so I cannot show you some pictures in this thread. However if you could take a look at them at the album HERE and give some CnC back on this thread I would appreciate it.

Several things happened with this shoot. First was that the place she wanted to go was closed (we found out after getting there...due to construction). So we drove an additional 10 miles to get to Eklutna Lake which was fine as I didn't have to walk a mile in to get to where we were going.

It was supposed to be overcast and possible drizzles (which I was fretting over the day before) but I think I would have prefered the overcast to the bright sunshine we had.

To make matters more complicated...she was wearing a glittery/shiney powder all over her face! I realized in pp that I shouldn't try to remove all the shine as that is apperently the look she wanted.

Her personality really shows through...she is not a frilly type girl. Likes the country type look. I still have some pp to do as she bought the expensive set (shocked me!) and I need to make some more compositions for it. I haven't cropped most of the proofs as I need to let her pick what sizes she will want.

EDIT: Yippee! Smugmug fix the bug! Now I can show a few...but if you look at the link it would be great to get feedback on how I did. Its only my second senior shoot and the first one outdoors!

1.626707544_m2Vio-L-2.jpg

2.626748610_rssxe-L-2.jpg

3.626727125_DHk4R-L-2.jpg

4.626727517_xYuQv-L-2.jpg

5.626877747_e8viR-L.jpg

6.627038986_WDADC-L.jpg

Thanks so much for looking and giving cc!

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Hi Joyce, these are all nice. My favorite is #5. I really like how her eyes and hair complement one another in that shot.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 22, 2009
    626746524_rbcSE-L-2.jpg

8. This pose was her idea...she wanted one like this...lol
    626725205_HAJJG-L-2.jpg

9. Is this one too warm??
    626707864_So5HU-L-2.jpg
    edited August 22, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Hi Joyce, these are all nice. My favorite is #5. I really like how her eyes and hair complement one another in that shot.

Thank you Linda. She did very well with the close ups, she has such a pretty face!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Great Photos clap.gif

My fav #1

#6 I would clone out some of the blades of grass.

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    #3 is super-flattering - really like that one, although I love the comp in 5 and from the others shots, I suspect that one looks more like her. I also like 7. And omigosh the SCENERY in 8 - gorgeous!!

I bet she's thrilled with these, JAG!
    edited August 22, 2009
    Thank you Charles and Diva!

So I can relax now because the colors are all ok and its not too blown out or hot? I guess I am somewhat nervous about these pictures because on the suggestion of another photographer who is an absolute amazing photographer of people (and I greatly admire)...I upped my pricing to about double of what I normally charge and I guess my confidence level of charging people for what I most likely am really worth, is a little low (my confidence level that is). I am seeing alot of hits on this thread and not many cc so I am going to take that as I did ok.

BTW Charles...I took your suggestion and removed the blades of grass...thx!thumb.gif
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    These look really nice! Eklutna is a beautiful place. What area were you headed that was closed?
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
    edited August 23, 2009
    Wachel wrote:
    These look really nice! Eklutna is a beautiful place. What area were you headed that was closed?

Thunderbird Falls is closed for renovations. The platforms have been ripped out and they are regrooming the trails according to the construction worker who was building the new trail head info awning. I didn't see anything at the parks and recreation site about the renovations when I looked.ne_nau.gif