ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I got out the dice today and decided to do some static shots:

#1:

I have to work on that sync speed! Lets try that again:

#3:

][/URL]

Blue dice, too! #6:

Fun way to spend an afternoon in the basement when its raining out.....

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    JessyJessy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Very professional quality. I think 5 is my favorite if the die would have been closer to the hand, like they are in #3. I really like the addition of the drop shadows on them.

Just an observation...is that really how your toss dice? It feels unnatural to me because I would usually toss them underhanded/ palm up. If you ever set this up again, I think it would be nice to see what one of those would look like.

And I think the main reason I chose number 5 as my favorite is because you aren't showing the green glare on your under wrist from the felt. I feel that it distracts.

I love the overall colors though. Very vibrant. Is the background the clear diamond-like material that you'd put in ceiling panels to cover florescent lights? I only ask because I was in Home Depot the other day and saw a sheet and began imagining the possibilities.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Nice! Great timing and lighting! I love the colors, too! thumb.gif

And thank you for helping me figure out a couple ways to improve my cocktail shot! clap.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2009
    Same set up, different subject:

Always enjoy feedback........

PS: Jessy: Yes its a diffuser panel from overhead lights - $5 at Home Depot!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    TelephotoTelephoto Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Dear Zanotti:

These are very nice. Very vivid color and good sharp focus.

How did you get the focus so crisp with the moving dice? Was this on active focus or did you pre-focus to the right spot? Depth of field is ok to keep everything in focus?

What was the background? Lit from in front or behind?

Thank you,

Telephoto (Steve)
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2009
    Telephoto wrote:
    Dear Zanotti:

These are very nice. Very vivid color and good sharp focus.

How did you get the focus so crisp with the moving dice? Was this on active focus or did you pre-focus to the right spot? Depth of field is ok to keep everything in focus?

What was the background? Lit from in front or behind?

Thank you,

Telephoto (Steve)

Steve:

The background is a diffuser panel from overhead lights with a blue gel flash behind. The hand and dice (mine) were lit from a snooted flash from the side.

Timing was using a trigger and just trial and error.

Good luck, let's see yours!

Z