Options

Philadelphia, PA

grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
edited September 6, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
I'll be in Philadelphia on September 20th and 21st for work. I'll have a lot of free time on the 20th and I'm looking for some locations in and within 15 to 20 miles from the city.

I'm looking for any great icons the city has to offer as well as some good locations for cityscape shots. Any help, examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comments

• Options
    photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    I'll be in Philadelphia on September 20th and 21st for work. I'll have a lot of free time on the 20th and I'm looking for some locations in and within 15 to 20 miles from the city.

I'm looking for any great icons the city has to offer as well as some good locations for cityscape shots. Any help, examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D
    I took a trip to Philly earlier this year, so I can only really tell you where I went, but maybe it will help? There's always the historical downtown area -- liberty bell, independence hall, etc. Plus there's just absolutely fantastic architecture all around (which is really fun to play with), and of course you have to get the obligatory "Rocky" shot at the art museum. I also went out to Hershey, PA, but that's further than your 15-20 miles.

I also took one of the ghost tours -- and got a few good shots of Philly at night... not sure if you'll have that much time on the 20th?

Also - the Reading Market Terminal (12th and Reading, I think) is an excellent place that I think would make for some interesting photos - assuming you could get out of everyone's way long enough to take a few shots -- that place is absolutely nuts! (In a good way...!) Oh - it's a fantastic place to eat, too!

Even though you have to go for work, at least you'll get to have some fun with your camera! Enjoy!
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,418 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    I spent a day shooting around Philly earlier this year - you can see some of the shots in my Philadelphia Gallery

As Kerri said, there are some very nice photo opportunities around the Art Museum. If you have a couple of hours, you might want to check out Eastern State Penitentiary, a state prison opened in 1829, which housed, among others, Al Capone and Willie Sutton. It is open daily for self-guided tours:

515259150_iLWBM-M.jpg

515256195_Xrzv2-M.jpg

515254656_jg2i9-M.jpg

And a few from the Art Museum:

515337384_SQc3A-M.jpg

515338654_w3Sc2-M.jpg

515337121_puXof-M.jpg