Every now and then

Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited August 25, 2009 in People
I just gotta throw in here some photos of my babies... what can I say, I just can't help myself :D:D:D

1. My little dear, playing deer...
627259460_vPGvU-M.jpg

2. having fun
627259768_J3Kjr-M.jpg

3. look mommy, I picked you some flowers
627260186_UwmBH-M.jpg

4. wow, what a great expression!
627260895_4mbeG-M.jpg

5. grandpa's grave...
627266970_3XCWm-M.jpg

6. We want some ice cream (also entered this one in the current challenge)
627267196_bM9X7-M.jpg

Thanks for looking. I took all these photos on our current visit up in Michigan... We LOVE it here!
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    I like the colors of #2, but I think the girl is too far away. You can barely see her.

#5 is a bit of an odd shot. You've got a grave there, but young kids in the background, perhaps playing. Certain an interesting composition.

Last one is another nice juxtaposition. However, again, I think the kids are a bit too far away.
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    I must disagree, I LOVE #2. Your babies are gorgeous!
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    #4 takes the cake for me. Something about the simplicity of it, her expression and the conversion is very arresting.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Of course you can't resist with such darling girls!

#4 is outstanding. And I like the "story" in #6. Hope the mood did not last long...
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    4 and 6 FTW!

It's nice to hear from you and I'm happy you're having so much fun!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Cute girls. Keep on enjoying them!!

1. I think you may have gone a bit far w/ the vibrance/clarity sliders (or some eqivalent). I kept doing that (and sometimes still do). If you were a little lower and got more face, I think you would have had a better image.

2. I like how her hands are mirrored in the clouds. I think you could have spent your pixels on a vertical crop and she'd be bigger in the image space.

3. Cute idea, but she looks depressed about the flowers, so it didn't work for me.

4. Best of the bunch. As has been pointed out to me a couple of times, this one might work better as a square crop since the left side doesn't have any story to tell.

5. I can tell from the cock of her head that they aren't playing. Great idea, though I wish they were a little closer (not on top of the grave, but a bit closer so you could make out more details of who they are).

6. Thought this one was a cute idea. Was this serendipity -- was this a spontaneous reaction, or did you stage it?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    I like them all, including the grave shot. Grandpa would have loved it. Very cute girls you have there!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Thank you all very much for the constructive comments!! I love hearing them... as we all do :D

The last one was indeed staged... for the DSS challenge open or closed.

I know we can't see my daughter too well in #2 but it was so beautiful out I just had to get as much of the scenery in that I could... not such a good portrait but a great example of how beautiful the beach was that night. :D

I think I need to redue the grandpa's grave photo... I like my idea but the comp could be better and the more I look at it I don't like the selective color in that photo. (I'll share the next one I do after it's done)

I just love #4.... just the way it is. Her expression is priceless to me in that photo... it's one to be framed :D

Again, thank you for all the comments. This thread sat commentless for a few days... I gave up on it and was surprised to see all the comments this morn!

Thanks and good day :D
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Nice series Karrie. I really like #1 & #2....#1 is my favorite with the lighting, colors and composition. clap.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP