Options

DXO image enhancer

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited May 25, 2004 in Finishing School
Check out DXO . They've taken a number of camera bodies and specific lenses and created profiles that greatly enhance the quality of the image.

I downloaded the demo for the Canon Digital Rebel and Kit Lens and ran a few tests myself, which you can see here at this gallery. Not only does it remove barrel distortion, but it also enhances the detail of the images.

The are planning on having 200 camera/lens combos available by the end of the year, and will have RAW support by in the fall. I was only able to process jpegs that were shot as jpegs. Any that originated as RAW files didn't work.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you all think.

Here's the Gallery: DXO Test Gallery
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    I only shoot raw, so I'll have to wait.

Dave
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    I just got a used 1D, and because it's a discontinued model, it's not supported. :splat

rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    I only shoot raw, so I'll have to wait.

Dave

Well, I only shoot RAW and will have to wait, too. I had to dig to find camera original jpegs for my gallery. Since I was just shooting the house for a record during escrow, I bypassed RAW in that case. But it's great to be able to play with it. The demo is great to test it, and you can always shoot a couple of RAW shots just to test it out.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops