my wimpy attempts...

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited August 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
No, nothing worked the way I meant for it to, but I did learn new things which makes this challenge a success.

Here is what I have... I have one or two I like, but not crazed about. I am sore and tired and probably not going to do a whole lot more to them, but if you have suggestions, please let me know. Good or Bad... (lol, I know). I have pushed my limited PP skills this time so I'm not sure how much I could do at this point.
Help please... I don't even have clues for names.

#1 Open Space?
627411234_5e4xA-L.jpg

#2 My first thought was an open doored candy store with a Willy Wonka type inviting you in. The outside B&W and the inside bright and colorful to be inviting. My son was willing to play Willy Wonka, but I thought he might have been arrested... :huh
627411461_b65v3-XL.jpg
before:
627449524_NojU7-L.jpg
#3 Walking through the town, I looked down to see this gated and locked door.
627411551_yZVHd-L.jpg

#4 :) the open bottles of my happy pills I am going to have to take one of after all this. :D
627411743_QtnW5-L.jpg

Comments

• DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    AS of right now I am thinking #2 says open to me. The Willie Wonka Idea would be good. I like the colors(products) and the monochrome paint scheme mix
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    AS of right now I am thinking #2 says open to me. The Willie Wonka Idea would be good. I like the colors(products) and the monochrome paint scheme mix
    Thanks, that was one of my learned lessons. How the heck to make it B&W outside and leave the color in. I figuered it out all by myself.. rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 23, 2009
    I thought that was how it was painted so you did good work
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited August 23, 2009
    here is what I started with....
    627449524_NojU7-L.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Ok,, since time is of the essence here and running out, I am going to leave the heavy nit picking out :D:D:D

Besides you do not even want to know the nightmare that is removing reflections out of a window..rolleyes1.gif

Over all they are not too bad... I would take some time at the very least on the car wheels on the bottom of the doors.. Just clone them out by grabbing the clean silver piece to the left and then use that to clone the rest.. It should be fairly easy.. but you will need to remember to keep resetting your clone anchor as you move along.

Other nit.. the lady standing outside with the sign.. there is some blue bleeding on the sign, ya need to clean that up..

Other than that, I think you did an awesome job here Miss Donna.. especially since this was your first coloration..wings.gif

and I cannot say enough about your creativity on theme..thumb.gif

I am loving the open sign and the suckers...clap.gif

If ya need any further help on cloning the car tires out, just PM me.. Ya really need to get rid of them...thumb.gif

Kat
    edited August 23, 2009
    Ok,, since time is of the essence here and running out, I am going to leave the heavy nit picking out :D:D:D

Besides you do not even want to know the nightmare that is removing reflections out of a window..rolleyes1.gif

Over all they are not too bad... I would take some time at the very least on the car wheels on the bottom of the doors.. Just clone them out by grabbing the clean silver piece to the left and then use that to clone the rest.. It should be fairly easy.. but you will need to remember to keep resetting your clone anchor as you move along.

Other nit.. the lady standing outside with the sign.. there is some blue bleeding on the sign, ya need to clean that up..

Other than that, I think you did an awesome job here Miss Donna.. especially since this was your first coloration..wings.gif

and I cannot say enough about your creativity on theme..thumb.gif

I am loving the open sign and the suckers...clap.gif

If ya need any further help on cloning the car tires out, just PM me.. Ya really need to get rid of them...thumb.gif

Kat
    Laughing.gif, yes, I saw every one of those reflections as I was taking it and there wasn't any way to avoid them... I tried. lol. Itried on the tired earlier and it was looking crappy. I will try again in the morning when I am a bit more capable of thought. :D and thanks on the blue... I didn't see that. That was some tricky work getting around all that stuff... knowing what to leave and what to take away... whew. But at least now I know how if I want to do it.
    Thanks Miss Katrina!
    edited August 23, 2009
    oh yeah I forgot.. the others.. sorry.

# 3 the crop is not even and leans to one side and the sign up top the crop too tight.., if you could crop it different then it would work too..thumb.gif

and the pills : I do not dig the white blow out on the cap of the bottle, but you sure shot is clean and sharp.. and great idea.. nice touch on taking your info off of there.. hehehe:D

My vote is for the candy store..thumb.gif
    edited August 23, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Laughing.gif, yes, I saw every one of those reflections as I was taking it and there wasn't any way to avoid them... I tried. lol. Itried on the tired earlier and it was looking crappy. I will try again in the morning when I am a bit more capable of thought. :D and thanks on the blue... I didn't see that. That was some tricky work getting around all that stuff... knowing what to leave and what to take away... whew. But at least now I know how if I want to do it.
    Thanks Miss Katrina!

Your Welcome Miss Donna blbl.gif

Good luck with it.. ya done great...
    edited August 23, 2009
    ah ha! I found the blue... it was a lunch box in the window... but that no-one can tell unless you have it blown up as big as I did. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Night!
    edited August 23, 2009
    night night :D
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    For future reference, a polarizing filter would possibly have helped with the reflections.... it's a useful (not very expensive) item to have in the bag.

I too like the candy story - have a go at cleaning it up a little further and let's see how it turns out! thumb.gif
    edited August 23, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    For future reference, a polarizing filter would possibly have helped with the reflections.... it's a useful (not very expensive) item to have in the bag.

I too like the candy story - have a go at cleaning it up a little further and let's see how it turns out! thumb.gif

I'll remember that if... no WHEN.... I have a camera I can put a filter on. My little Kodak would have to have the extension tube and stuff to to that...I haven't ever decided if it would be worth the expense.

Thanks Diva!
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Not sure if I'm too late with this, but I think #2 is great. I love the black and white and then color.

Kara
    edited August 23, 2009
    I finally found a second to work on it. I fixed the blue by the sign and the kick plate on the door. (as best I could)

628141708_V3ifb-XL.jpg
    edited August 23, 2009
    Great job on the fixes girl.. see you will master that GIMP yet!!! Despite that fact that you don't want anything to do with it.. lol mwink.gif

You did a great job cleaning up that kick plate..thumb.gif

I will officially stop nitpicking and leave ya in peace now..:D

Kat
    edited August 23, 2009
    Great job on the fixes girl.. see you will master that GIMP yet!!! Despite that fact that you don't want anything to do with it.. lol mwink.gif

You did a great job cleaning up that kick plate..thumb.gif

I will officially stop nitpicking and leave ya in peace now..:D

Kat

Laughing.gif, good, cause I have no more time for anything more than a small fix... and probably couldn't pull any more tricks out on this one.
    edited August 23, 2009
    See somehow I knew that mwink.gif

I have learned your limits and your temperaments well..:ivar
    edited August 23, 2009
    Looks good to me Donna
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited August 23, 2009
    yikes... name?
    all I can think of is candy shop.... I am blank
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    How about Mmmmmmmmmm....?

Or A Little Piece of Heaven?

Or Candyland? The game just had its 60th anniversary this year.

And, BTW, I really like your shots. You consistently come up with ones I wish I had taken. :D
    edited August 23, 2009
    Dentist Recommended, Sweet Stop, Sugar Shack, Yum!!!! ,
    Lollipop Lollipop, The Lollipop Guild, now I have that song stuck in my head ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Have to go watch Wizard of Oz
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited August 23, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    How about Mmmmmmmmmm....?

Or A Little Piece of Heaven?

Or Candyland? The game just had its 60th anniversary this year.

And, BTW, I really like your shots. You consistently come up with ones I wish I had taken. :D
    Thanks! that is nice of you to say...
    I kind of thought of Candyland... possibility. Thanks
    edited August 23, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Dentist Recommended, Sweet Stop, Sugar Shack, Yum!!!! ,
    Lollipop Lollipop, The Lollipop Guild, now I have that song stuck in my head ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Have to go watch Wizard of Oz
    yea, now we all have that song stuck in our head... that is an idea... after all, Dorothy went from B&W into color in Oz.... or maybe that? Oz? hmmm.