DSS #31 Final decision

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited August 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am still leaning towards the Gate but I shot this one of the Draw Bridge tonight and wanted thoughts on it please, was lucky to catch it open.
Entry as of right now
622095956_34Ata-L.jpg

Challenger Tower Draw Bridge Sacramento
627441993_WYRnq-L.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    HI Chris..

I am just not seeing open and closed in the new one.. perhaps if the bridge was opened up, but since it is closed, I am not seeing the theme in it..
    It is a beautiful capture, but your original is strongest on theme..thumb.gif

Note: you posted the un-edited "entry" here, just thought to mention that in case you did not catch it..mwink.gif

Kat
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Yes I did notice it and was changing it. It is now the edited one. I just had to get opinions on it. The bridge might go to the mini challenge 81. I wish I would have had a tripod when I shot it could have been a bit sharper. I was shooting the skyline and walking back to the car when the warning bell went off that the bridge was opening ran back and found a opening in the trees to shoot it.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Well at least the slight unsharp is mainly on the water and it looks good..

I love that light on the bridge.. awesome light...!!!

I think it fits the theme for the mini challenge too..thumb.gif

Kat
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    I live in the Northwest US and have never actually seen a bridge lift to open like that. Wild. Thanks for the update, I feel so old having only seen mechanical draw bridges, swivel bridges, and the classic span. I need to either get out more, or stay in more, with the discovery channel.:D
    Growing with Dgrin

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    I still love the first one.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    I am sticking with the gate for the challenge, had to put it out there to ease my mind.
    Timing could not have been better, sunset on the river.
    There are draw bridges all up and down the delta here but the big boat traffic is not as much as in the past so it is hard to catch them open. This a dinner cruise boat going under. What is really wild when you get a big cargo ship going down the rivers to Stockton it looks like a ship got drop in the middle of a farm field. Need to catch one of those too.
    Thank you all for the feedbackthumb.gif
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Yep, I like the gate better, too.