SOLD: Canon 135/2L

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in House of Canon
Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280384981023

I'm not the seller, but I'm currently the high bidder. I really shouldn't buy this now. My max bid is $851.88. Help!
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280384981023

I'm not the seller, but I'm currently the high bidder. I really shouldn't buy this now. My max bid is $851.88. Help!

Just re-sell it after you by it.
    Sam
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    S-Man wrote:
    Just re-sell it after you by it.

Hi Gary :D

Yeah, I know it's a sought-after lens, so I shouldn't have a problem doing that, and I'll get to try it out. Would be better to just not have to deal with that though.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
    edited August 24, 2009
    OK, I won it... so if anybody wants it let me know. $865 plus shipping.
    -Jack

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    gah if only this was in Sept 15ish! That's when I will be buying one.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited August 24, 2009
    Actually if I can get 4 senior portrait gigs this fall I could keep it. Hmm.
    -Jack

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry Is it even possible to express how much I lust after this lens? But.... since I bought the 200L just a few weeks ago the photographic piggy bank is down low right now and I simply don't have the funds.... sob.:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry
  • S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Dude, once you try this lens out, you'll find a way to keep it. It's an amazing lens. Especially if you have a 5D. But it's so frikin sharp it makes photos look 4D. Yes, 4D. They even smell better rolleyes1.gif

"Meew!"
    Sam
    edited August 24, 2009
    S-Man wrote:
    it's so frikin sharp it makes photos look 4D. Yes, 4D. They even smell better

that's funny right there.

No 5D yet, maybe someday. 7D is next on my list :D

But will I really be blown away? I already have some good glass... 24-70L, 17-55/2.8IS, 70-200/4LIS.
    -Jack

edited August 24, 2009
    yes.

Once you get it hand let me know. Paypal or Gcart? I am not gonna wait till sept afterall. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited August 24, 2009
    yes.

yes I will be blown away?
    Once you get it hand let me know. Paypal or Gcart? I am not gonna wait till sept afterall. rolleyes1.gif

I am going to see if I can ramp my senior portrait business back up to cover this. It would be nice to be able to keep this lens as I will be 1st shooter at my cousin's wedding next summer.
    -Jack

edited August 24, 2009
    You will be blown away! Just.. wait I want to buy it from you! rolleyes1.gif Well I better keep this on topic or Dr.It might say otherwise. :D Let me know if you are really willing to depart with it and sell it. It really is sickly sharp!

PS., are you wanting to go all prime shooting or sticking with zooms? I ask that cause you got all your ranges covered.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited August 24, 2009
    PS., are you wanting to go all prime shooting or sticking with zooms? I ask that cause you got all your ranges covered.

I pledge allegiance to neither primes nor zooms. They both have their place. I've just heard so many good things about this lens, I placed a bid only half seriously and half for fun and ended up winning. I will do some comparisons between this and my 70-200/4LIS at 135 and if it doesn't demolish that lens I'll probably part with the 135.

For a wedding though I've been told that I'll need a 70-200/2.8IS....?
    -Jack

• marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    That's happened to me where I bid on an item off Ebay half-seriously and won it. Became a proud owner of a fax machine/phone that didn't work Laughing.gif.

Anyway, hope you post some of your shots from this lens! I just bought one off another dgrinner myself and haven't had the occasion to shoot. BTW, from trolling the wedding forum, I learned that many use the 70-200, and some say it's a must; and still a couple use the 135 for receptions and are very happy with it.
    edited August 25, 2009
    yeah she is right. So sell it to me. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    yeah she is right. So sell it to me. :D

One track mind lol.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 27, 2009
    OK, so is there actually something for sale here?
    deal.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited August 27, 2009
    I am hoping so. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited August 27, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    OK, so is there actually something for sale here?

I was hoping someone would outbid me, but I ended up winning it. So I'm going to play with it a bit and see if I can get some sr portrait gigs to pay for it. If that doesn't happen I'll sell it. Gimme a month.... sorry!! Feel free to delete this thread.
    -Jack

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 28, 2009
    I was hoping someone would outbid me, but I ended up winning it. So I'm going to play with it a bit and see if I can get some sr portrait gigs to pay for it. If that doesn't happen I'll sell it. Gimme a month.... sorry!! Feel free to delete this thread.
    No need to delete, but...

I Mmrked sold (for lack of a better idea), let's just let this thread die. Folks, if you want to discuss this particular lens, please do so in a new thread in the cameras forum. JM, if you decide to sell later, please post a new thread here.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]