Bridge in the Sunset

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Went to one of my new favorite spots, took this tonight... ranges from about 30 seconds to 1 second for the HDR files...

3850131845_ef216599fd_b.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    I really like it thumb.gif
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Hey, I recognize that bridge! I almost went down that way today. Very nice work, Adam, looks great.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Love this!!clap.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    I like the shot. Almost looks like snow on the land. Love the bridge though.
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Heh figured you'd recognize it moose. You ever mosey up to Cold Spring Harbor for some sunset shots?
  • xelanilxelanil Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    looks great!thumb.gif
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    What a sweet shot, Adam! I love that sky! It "feels" like the sky if speeding over my head. Awesome! clap.gif

My one nit is the slightly tilted horizon. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Absolutely love it!
    edited August 24, 2009
    Vycor wrote:
    Heh figured you'd recognize it moose. You ever mosey up to Cold Spring Harbor for some sunset shots?
    I do, but it's been a couple of months, probably need to get back there, since it's all of 5 minutes away.

Did you take this shot from one of the side streets down by the water? I was looking for a good vantage point for a sunset shot - I know Gardiners Park is down on the water, but it looks too far away for this shot.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Excellent work here!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
    edited August 24, 2009
    Yeah the horizon is tricky... if i correct it, then the bridge dips down bigtime... sooo i kinda tried to work in both directions... making the bridge more level as well as the horizon... so its kinda in between

Its actually an EASY spot to get to and one of my new favorites.

When you go into captree, bear right towards the other fishing pier. Park in the lot as west as you can go and then walk down the little path, its right there... as soon as you pull in you'll know what im talking bout... people walk that all the time and to fish as well. I didnt walk out far, just to the end of the trail
    edited August 24, 2009
    I know just where you mean - I was down by the pier one evening and shot this - looks like you were on the beach on the right side of the photo:

116073345_PeKBF-M-1.jpg
    edited August 24, 2009
    Yup exactly, thats a nice shot. I SHOULD have went today, but i didnt feel like it and of course the sun setting looks pretty neat... hey cant catch em all.