Barb Wire

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The pic. was taken Sunday evening just before sunset.

628138368_eV9Ah-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Its an interesting photo. My first though was how did you do it, since the lighting didn't really make sense. I'm guessing its photoshopped in?

My personal belief is that as the subject and colors work so well anyway, I'd have left out the extra wire, as it looks a bit funny to me, in contrast to the other light and shadow wire. ne_nau.gif
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Its an interesting photo. My first though was how did you do it, since the lighting didn't really make sense. I'm guessing its photoshopped in?

My personal belief is that as the subject and colors work so well anyway, I'd have left out the extra wire, as it looks a bit funny to me, in contrast to the other light and shadow wire. ne_nau.gif

The picture is as shot.... All I did was change the rust to a little different color and clone out each end of the barb wire and ran the shadow over the barb wire. I don't like things that run in and out of a picture, so I cloned out each end of the wire..... THANKS FOR LOOKING AND COMMENTING... azzaro
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Is the shadow from that piece of barbed wire, or a second piece somewhere else?

Cool image!!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    I think, looking more closely, that its actuall a rusty wire.
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    I'm finding myself spending too much time trying to figure it out rather than enjoying it. I think the "non-rusty" piece is confusing because it just doesn't look like it belongs.
    edited August 26, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Is the shadow from that piece of barbed wire, or a second piece somewhere else?

Cool image!!

It is one piece of wire that was stuck in a hole in the side of a trailer.. Thanks for the nice comment..... azzaro
    edited August 26, 2009
    jpc wrote:
    I'm finding myself spending too much time trying to figure it out rather than enjoying it. I think the "non-rusty" piece is confusing because it just doesn't look like it belongs.

Thanks for looking and commenting...... azzaro
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Ahh I see it now. The lower part of the dark one is wire, the upper part is shadow.

I like the shot, but the cloning throws me off. It looks incomplete. On the right hand side, there's what seems to be a ghost-like segment of wire a bit above the cloned area on the main wire. I'd almost say if you're going to clone it, clone the entire bright wire out and just keep the dark/shadow.

Colors and composition are great!
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
    edited August 27, 2009
    CoryUT wrote:
    Ahh I see it now. The lower part of the dark one is wire, the upper part is shadow.

I like the shot, but the cloning throws me off. It looks incomplete. On the right hand side, there's what seems to be a ghost-like segment of wire a bit above the cloned area on the main wire. I'd almost say if you're going to clone it, clone the entire bright wire out and just keep the dark/shadow.

Colors and composition are great!

Thanks for looking and the comment........:D azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I like it -- it's not a regular photo of barbed wire which makes it so interesting to see.

Removing the sides of the wire doesn't bother me at all -- in fact it adds to the photo in my opinion. Things that float are usually soft and seeing something that's hard, sharp and barbed wire floating -- well it's out of the norm which is wonderful. Makes one wonder what the wire is attached too, but you can't see it. The shadow makes the eye dance through the photo....question the postition of the wirea and it's just plain fun to look at thumb.gif

I'm all for playing with photos. It makes the eye and mind work which is a good thing...especially at my age :D
    edited August 27, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like it -- it's not a regular photo of barbed wire which makes it so interesting to see.

Removing the sides of the wire doesn't bother me at all -- in fact it adds to the photo in my opinion. Things that float are usually soft and seeing something that's hard, sharp and barbed wire floating -- well it's out of the norm which is wonderful. Makes one wonder what the wire is attached too, but you can't see it. The shadow makes the eye dance through the photo....question the postition of the wirea and it's just plain fun to look at thumb.gif

I'm all for playing with photos. It makes the eye and mind work which is a good thing...especially at my age :D

Thanks Mary for the thoughtful comment.....I treated it more like it was a drawing than a photograph..... I do some drawing and lost and found edges and feathering the center of interest into the back ground is a common technique, at least for me........ THANKS FOR LOOKING azzaro
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Pretty cool. At first I thought it was barbed wire running through hot lava! headscratch.gif But the shadows didn't make sense.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited August 27, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Pretty cool. At first I thought it was barbed wire running through hot lava! headscratch.gif But the shadows didn't make sense.

Thanks Jeff for looking and the comment...... azzaro