Dreamscape - (first post)

jtangenjtangen Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 27, 2009 in Landscapes
Hello Everyone. This is my first post to the Landscapes forum.

This is a shot off the Mendocino Coast in northern California. It makes me feel like I'm flying over the water as if in a dream.

612257982_ejeoR-XL.jpg

Comments

• CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Very cool shot! I really like the comp and the motion in the water! thumb.gif

If I could offer one small nit pick, it's that I'd rather see the sky full of the color that's hinted at in the center or completely desaturated. Either way might enhance the feeling of the dreamscape.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Nice
    Neat shot. What time was it when you did this shot, what were the settings if I can ask - was going to try one of these this weekend, couldn't get to a nice enough spot though.

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Beautiful shot with great composition and mood. Well done! clap.gif

Welcome to Dgrin! :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • jtangenjtangen Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Wiren wrote:
    Neat shot. What time was it when you did this shot, what were the settings if I can ask - was going to try one of these this weekend, couldn't get to a nice enough spot though.

Lee

Thanks Lee. I shot this at 8:30pm (and it was starting to get fairly dark) with Sigma 12-24 @ 12mm, ISO 100 for 8 sec. at F/11.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    This is a great shot--I definitely get the "flying over the water" feeling that you describe!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 24, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    This is a great shot--I definitely get the "flying over the water" feeling that you describe!

Thank you Lauren
  • nikmolsonnikmolson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    yeah its great! i think you should try some b/w conversions, it could look very powerful
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Beautiful photograph ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Well done, I feel the motion. I photograph on the Mendocino coast a lot and know a good percentage of the time there is no sunset just fog or grey high clouds, it puts more demand on the foreground and middle ground like sea stacks etc. You captured the greenish/blue hues of the water very nicely.

Nice job.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    It sure evokes a dreamy, moody feel; like I could walk right into your dream. Very nice.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Beautiful shot!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 25, 2009
    Ace! thumb.gif

Regards,
    -joel
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Wow, great job! I have yet to see anything but clouds over the water along the north coast but you have totally worked the weather to your advantage. I am going to remember this the next time I am shooting up there.

Fantastic work and very inspiring! thumb.gif
    edited August 25, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Wow, great job! I have yet to see anything but clouds over the water along the north coast but you have totally worked the weather to your advantage. I am going to remember this the next time I am shooting up there.

Fantastic work and very inspiring! thumb.gif

Thank you Schmoo. The summer months for the most part are either completely fogged in or blanket overcast. Fortunately I got a little bit of texture in the sky. Looking forward to winter here so the skies will get dramatic but no fog.
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    What a great first post. Keep em coming, i LOVE water shots.