A Couple of Sunsets in San Antonio

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a couple I shot last week. For once, I was out when the light was good. :D I tried a 3exp HDR for the first one but there was way too much noise in the darks. There was lots of noise in #2 also but it looks OK at a smaller size. This school bus lot is just down the street so I can easily re-shoot if anyone has suggestions for me.

Speaking of noise, what NR software do ya'll use? I need to invest in some.

Thanks,
Lauren

1. Tower of the Americas at sunset
628778249_kway4-XL.jpg

2. School bus parking lot
628778213_fXbaF-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Nice! Some of the sunsets recently have been very nice, indeed.

I've been using NoisewarePro from imagenomics. You can try a free version that puts a grid on the output to see about results. If you want to send me a full-res version of the tiff (i forget what massive file sharing system I have a seldom-used account on) I could run the tool with the default landscape settings and you could see if you like the results.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Thanks, Andrew. Yes, haven't we had some gorgeous clouds and sunsets this summer?! I tried one NR demo and couldn't get the hang of it but I don't remember which one it was. I'll try the one you suggest and let you know if I need help or if I can send you the tiff. (I haven't even signed up for any file storage/sharing yet either.)
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com