edited August 25, 2009 in People
628903782_EeN2x-XL.jpg
628903221_GpTad-XL.jpg
628902704_vbwMY-XL.jpg
628901867_onpnB-XL.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Series is good, but the first one is the standout for me - the fan, the tshirt, I can practically smell the heat...

The whole series offers interesting juxtapositions that make me ask a lot of questions, first being... where are you? The roman-character writing makes me wonder...
  • whiteaglewhiteagle Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I agree that the first is the keeper out of this set. I would consider cropping the second guy out. It will strengthen the subject, as well as getting him out of the center of the image.
    My website: Fresh Edge Photo
    My latest project: Worship Backgrounds
    My twitter habit: Daniel Roberts
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    628903782_EeN2x-

Nice scene. No.3 is the keeper, giving us the fan/heat, the scratching, the engagement of the two men, and the balance of the passerby.mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Series is good, but the first one is the standout for me - the fan, the tshirt, I can practically smell the heat...

The whole series offers interesting juxtapositions that make me ask a lot of questions, first being... where are you? The roman-character writing makes me wonder...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've got some options on how to crop with space left or right. Granted by a completely uninteresting top portion of the frame.

Divamum, the location is in the French Concession in Shanghai. Analogous to a large China town in New York, where French and western languages can dominate the store fronts. The two gentlemen were involved in a vivid and active discussion. I thought twice before deciding to take a stance and fire off several shots from a variety of angles. They didn't seem to mind.