A few more pieces of Michigan

JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
edited August 25, 2009 in Landscapes
This is my first post here-been lurking for a few months since opening a smugmug account. Incredible wealth of information and talent, and I love the cordial atmosphere. I am admittedly a complete novice- but hungry to learn.
Karrie McD's stunning pictures in a recent thread prompted me to share some of my pictures from a kayaking trip to the South Manitou Island 2 weeks ago.

I too love this beautiful state. :barb

623769528_BEdG8-L.jpg

623751844_ghX52-L.jpg

623752517_LBPtR-L.jpg

623761885_Pg4H6-L.jpg

623763734_7CZ4w-L.jpg

623767874_cfhpf-L.jpg
Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Welcome to Dgrin, Joa! What a beautiful series you have shared with us. Between you and Karrie, I'm sure we'll see plenty of Michigan beauty!

All the images are beautiful, but I absolutely love the color palate and smoothness of the last shot. Wow! The footprints in the sand are a nice touch. clap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin, Joa! What a beautiful series you have shared with us. Between you and Karrie, I'm sure we'll see plenty of Michigan beauty!

All the images are beautiful, but I absolutely love the color palate and smoothness of the last shot. Wow! The footprints in the sand are a nice touch. clap.gif

OOPS! I forgot to add my name- I'm trying to configure my profile yet.
    My name is Joash and I work as a pediatrician out in Grand Rapids.
    Mahesh- your work is definitely a huge source of inspiration.

I did not have a tripod for that last shot- too heavy to haul in the kayak ne_nau.gif - but there was this perfectly convenient post in the sand, so I placed the D90 on it and I tried to compose as best as I could. 18-200 Nikon lens. Hand-held 2 stop ND grad.

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures every now and then.

BTW I was born in hill station close to the Indo-Nepalese border, the province now known as Uttrakhand.

cheers

Joash
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Whoah I just ADORE the shot of the abandoned (?) boat behind the seagull. It's got color, subject, light, everything. Thanks for sharing and I certainly hope this is the end to your lurking days. :D