just playin' around

narancsnarancs Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited August 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Hey, fellow photographers!
I was just playing with the camera and these came out.
neither of these qualify as a "photo", but they worth watching.. I guess..

tone splitting, shadow/highlight etc etc...
DSC_5807small.jpg
10sec shutter, bad road, reaaaaly stiff suspension but still, the dashboard is sharp.. I love the Dörr A4 tripod :clap

Won't tell You now what is this, let's find out :scratch
DSC_5560small.jpg

C&C please
:ear
Peter G.

I'm using a Nikon D40 with the kit lens.. :rolleyes

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I think #1 is rather cool. I'd have liked the outside to be a bit less "ziggy" but its a cool with the driver movement.

#2 is cool, but what is it?
  • narancsnarancs Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    I think #1 is rather cool. I'd have liked the outside to be a bit less "ziggy" but its a cool with the driver movement.

#2 is cool, but what is it?
    thanks!

#2 is a black crystal. And it has those sparkling somethings inside. Flash brings them out nicely :)
    so I grabbed a flashlight, stood it up, put the sponge from the filter holder box on it (thats the yellow textured something on the left :) ) and put the crytal on it. So it lit up the bottom of the sphere and I used a sb800 flash on reeeaaly low power to get those sparkling points.. than it all went to photoshop :D
    Peter G.

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    narancs wrote:
    thanks!

#2 is a black crystal. And it has those sparkling somethings inside. Flash brings them out nicely :)
    so I grabbed a flashlight, stood it up, put the sponge from the filter holder box on it (thats the yellow textured something on the left :) ) and put the crytal on it. So it lit up the bottom of the sphere and I used a sb800 flash on reeeaaly low power to get those sparkling points.. than it all went to photoshop :D

I was thinking something like that. A paper weight or something. Good use of everything else. Looks like something from space!
  • narancsnarancs Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    I was thinking something like that. A paper weight or something. Good use of everything else. Looks like something from space!
    yup, that was the plan to make it look like an astro picture :D
    Peter G.