Options

mousepad source

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited June 29, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
While I'm VERY pleased with the photo print products and service I get through Smugmug, I'm not so pleased with some of the Photo Gifts. The photo gifts seem a bit pricey and in particular I would like to have a higher quality mousepad (hard top) along with trader cards.

Any suggestions?
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    While I'm VERY pleased with the photo print products and service I get through Smugmug, I'm not so pleased with some of the Photo Gifts. The photo gifts seem a bit pricey and in particular I would like to have a higher quality mousepad (hard top) along with trader cards.

Any suggestions?
    I would like trading cards as well.....and the gifts are so expensive it is hard to put much markup on them in order to be able to sell anything.
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Chase wrote:
    I would like trading cards as well.....and the gifts are so expensive it is hard to put much markup on them in order to be able to sell anything.
    Trading cards, yes, but that is probably a fairly small market.

I priced photo gifts from a local photo developing shop, and they are more expensive than what I would pay from smug/ez prints. (including $40 for a 12 page 11 x 17 calendar)

I would like to see calendars and folded cards (note cards or christmas/birthday cards).

Some things just have to have smaller mark ups on them - it is a fact of business.

ann
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Some things just have to have smaller mark ups on them - it is a fact of business.

ann
    I'm concerned with the quality, thats why I'm looking for the mousepads with the harder surface - The pad will look MUCH better - crisper photo.

Not expecting to make much profit on the pad, more of an advertisement.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Trading cards, yes, but that is probably a fairly small market.

I priced photo gifts from a local photo developing shop, and they are more expensive than what I would pay from smug/ez prints. (including $40 for a 12 page 11 x 17 calendar)

I would like to see calendars and folded cards (note cards or christmas/birthday cards).

ann
    Calendars would be great as well as cards, agreed.
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    I don't know about a mouse pad source, but as for calendars try Mpix. If I remeber right, the price seemed very reasonable to me.

Sam