Options

Composite wedding thank you

Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
edited June 30, 2005 in Weddings
My niece requested wallet's for including in thank you cards. I was in a creative mood...what do you think...? I used a photo of her flowers for the background.

26244637-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited June 29, 2005
    Great idea. I might tone down the background a bit so the emphasis is on
    the couple. Also skooch the text up a bit so it doesn't seem to touch the
    B&W.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 29, 2005
    Trish - it's beautiful and a great idea. I would soften the vignette so there isn't such a hard edge to the BW and actually I would reverse this (IMHO)

I would probably do a BW background with a soft focus and let the couple stand out in full color.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif , my thoughts were that the bg should be b&w and the couple in color.

ann
    Angelo wrote:
    Trish - it's beautiful and a great idea. I would soften the vignette so there isn't such a hard edge to the BW and actually I would reverse this (IMHO)

I would probably do a BW background with a soft focus and let the couple stand out in full color.
  • Options
    caceecacee Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Wonderful idea, I think I would make bg B&W and the couple in color, just my humble opinion. :D
    Cacee
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    cacee wrote:
    Wonderful idea, I think I would make bg B&W and the couple in color, just my humble opinion. :D
    I agree with the B&W and color change...but I might also blow up the flowers a smig so you can crop out the entire rectangle with the flower background...it won't matter that it's softer at that point since they are the background. Having the flowers cut off and that empty white space near the upper right bothers my graphic-design eye a bit...I think I can see the edge of a table and the floor?

The first initial comment was to change the text to a deeper color...have you tried printing it yet? My instinct tells me it wouldn't have enough contrast. If you are already switching the couple to color and the background to b&w, you could make the text one of the deep pinks I see in the dots on the lilies...it would add balance to the design as well. Then just one more smidgey thing with the text. I like the way you have each line start in a diagonal-down fashion, but their names don't jive with that. What you could do to balance it out is to line up "Jen" vertically with the first letter of the top line, and then the "e" in "Lowe" match up with the last letter in the second line. Just spread out the rest of that line using the <-A-> tool for horizonal space stretching (not stretching the actual letters).

maybe I've been too picky, but I'm partly trained as a graphic designer and I tend to pic up details like the above. Hope you didn't mind that I shared :D

Adrienne
  • Options
    Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    Thanks everyone for you input. I will play with it and try what you have suggested...Much appreciated!!!:D
  • Options
    technocrafttechnocraft Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    I agree on swapping the b/w part with the color. But most importantly, the fade around the couple is uneven - it should be a defined shape or fade so subtly that you don't see the edges. I also agree on a darker color for the text, it needs to stand out more, eyedrop something off the flower until it "matches".
    -Tony
    http://images.tonyschreiber.com
    (technocraft.smugmug.com)