Options

2009 Little League World Series

stargazer858stargazer858 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 5, 2009 in Sports
This is my first time posting photos here, but have been lurking for a while. I live about 10 minuets away from the series (last year before we moved it was a 10 min walk). If you ever get the chance to get in the Williamsport area to see some games it is well worth your time. There is no charge to get into the games or to park (they even provide a shuttle service from the parking area to the stadiums).

This is my first time doing much sports photography, and I know there are some things I need to work on. C&C welcome. Thanks

627815880_rgse5-L.jpg

627823756_oTf4r-L.jpg

629293351_ZAZx4-L.jpg

Had to post, as hey was kind enough to pose for me...and I didn't ask
629295713_GygEN-L.jpg

This is my favorite photo, even though the pen is at a bad angle. He was very dedicated in making sure his signature was perfect.
629294966_SRLhS-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited September 4, 2009
    Some nice snaps you've got thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    The easiest way to learn how to shoot baseball is to look at newspaper and sports magazine photos.

You'll see lots of reaction shots. People respond to emotions. The other favorite, although harder to get, is the dramatic action shot. And always, faces. Your two pitching shots would be stronger if the kids were pitching more towards the camera, or if you caught them during an interesting moment, like the instant of release, ball still in the frame.

You planning to shoot some more next season?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    stargazer858stargazer858 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2009
    My biggest issue was getting close to the action. Not having field access forced me into the views that I was able to catch. Photo's 3-5 were taken during practice, so I was able to get better views than during the games.

On a side note I am doing some college sports photography to build my skills. I might rent a faster lens (70-200 2.8) for some indoor volleyball and soccer, but in the meantime I am going to use my kit lens to at least practice taking shots, and build my skill set (even though the photos might not be caliber that I am looking for). I have a deep respect for good volleyball shots :D.