Shots from the past

imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
edited August 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I went to Hot Springs, Arkansas and toured the Fordyce Bath House Museum. Here are a few "different" shots from that little adventure.

#1: The "Treatment" cards that were purchased. It appears your status was based on the number of treatments AND attendants one purchased. BTW, this was shot through a glass bookcase which I was not allowed to touch... so I tried the angled lens since I couldn't get the glass on the glass... thoughts????
629400899_tyJ8g-M.jpg

#2--These are from the Men's Gymnasium which was roped off... I thought the bats were very rich and "telling" of the era:
629400990_QuzNw-M.jpg

#3--This is one row of the women's disrobing rooms:
629400769_dWaEz-M.jpg

#4--This is one corner of the stained glass ceiling in the Parlor Room---this ceiling was EXQUISITE!
629401081_kHdG4-M.jpg
Blessings,
Marjohn

Images of Him Photography

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Nice pictures!

I love the stained glass in #4; although I might have tried to get more "square on"

The composition in #3 is nice; I might have tried for a head (or leg or arm) sticking out to give it a sense of composition, although I like how you've done it)

#2: I think they're called "pins" if you use them for juggling, and "clubs" if you're juggling and miss one… :D

Thanks for sharing…

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Nice pictures!

I love the stained glass in #4; although I might have tried to get more "square on"

The composition in #3 is nice; I might have tried for a head (or leg or arm) sticking out to give it a sense of composition, although I like how you've done it)

#2: I think they're called "pins" if you use them for juggling, and "clubs" if you're juggling and miss one… :D

Thanks for sharing…

- Wil

DUH!!! There I go... showing my ignorance!!! Of course they're juggling pins (or "clubs) depending on how well one can juggle!!! Seriously, thanks for the info---gives me a whole new perception on the shot!!!:D
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography