Finally

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited August 25, 2009 in People
I took this series half a year ago, and finally took some time to process them. I call it "The Headache", and I had one of those days today.

1. 629529738_UE6A4-L.jpg

2. 629538452_AW3Gx-L.jpg

3. 629557177_Agfno-L.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    These are ALL fantastic but number one is especially captivating for me. Excellent series! clap.gif
    Travis
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Whoa. Those are cool. I can't even figure out how you would do something like that. Very interesting and well processed, too. clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    oh, LOVE it! I wasn't sure at first if she was literally in water or if it was just texture (I totally see it now), but these are just awesome editorial pieces. I can't choose which to like so I like them all lol. Something very Virgin Mary-like in the first one and Ghost in the Shell-like in the third one.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Way cool shots Caroline! Thanks for taking the time to process them and share!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Interesting series. I like the second and third the best because the soapy water isn't soapy water anymore. I could tell the first one (though the eyes are wonderful there, and love the expression) for what it was. The second one definately said 'head ache' and the water just adds to the impact. Love the third one as a profile and the water provides the framing so well.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Oh my goodness Caroline - these are amazing! I sure hope these go right into your portfolio file - they're completely different from anything else I've ever seen from you and add a whole new dimension to all your other awesome work!

Absolutely LOVE. bowdown.gif Gonna share how you took them? mwink.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    How fun!!!!! clap.gif Love 1 & 2 .... #3 is not really doing it for me (maybe because of the crop? / Not sure).

But a very fun idea!! wings.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Thanks, everyone! I love all my portrait work, but sometimes it's fun to just play artist.

It was a scary set up. Tripod right beside bathtub with camera pointed down over the water. It's a tiny bathroom, so I just pointed the flash (which was on a stand) straight up to the ceiling to fill the space with light. The room was very steamy, which I thought added to the shots.

I'm not quite satisfied with the crop on #3, so I may re-edit, but I am liking the profile with half the subject in the water.

Caroline
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Very much like these shots and regrettably I have headaches that demand that type of treatment sometimes.

Great work and I'm going to study these to better understand the compositions. Thanks for sharing!!!!
    edited August 25, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Very much like these shots and regrettably I have headaches that demand that type of treatment sometimes.

Great work and I'm going to study these to better understand the compositions. Thanks for sharing!!!!

I understand. I have an 8 year old headache that likes to stand outside the bathroom door when I'm seeking relief! Oh, I know I shouldn't call her a headache. She's really the joy of my life. I had teacher in- service yesterday and she whined the whole time about having to be there. In the classroom filled with toys. With her mother instead of going to daycare. At the job that allows for her to attend the private school she loves. I have very little sympathy for her on this one. This is why I remembered these last night and finally decided to process!

Caroline
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    I understand. I have an 8 year old headache that likes to stand outside the bathroom door when I'm seeking relief! Oh, I know I shouldn't call her a headache. She's really the joy of my life. I had teacher in- service yesterday and she whined the whole time about having to be there. In the classroom filled with toys. With her mother instead of going to daycare. At the job that allows for her to attend the private school she loves. I have very little sympathy for her on this one. This is why I remembered these last night and finally decided to process!

Caroline

Oh BOY do I know that one! Only a few more days before relief will be yours ... in the form of SCHOOL! (We have middle school orientation on Friday and then start for real on Monday - wish us luck... EEEK! I'm anticipating much draaaAAAMmmmmAAA, but am sincerely hoping I'm wrong rolleyes1.gif)
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Well my headaches are of the more mundane "head" variety. A result of a severely deviated septum that leads to left head sinus headaches that cause fading eyesight, shivers and disorientation. Thankfully I've become better at recognising them and can manage the 4-24 hours they can last.

I know that sounds dramatic. It's just basically a day or so of having to be vigilant to focus my attention outside my head instead of inside. Thankfully they are only severe once every several months or so.
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Well my headaches are of the more mundane "head" variety.

Ugh, I am the same. Not the deviated septum but I get very bad migraines because I have chronic insomnia (like today). Couldn't sleep at all last night so I feel tired but wired (as if I drank a jug of coffee) at the same time with this terrible aching skull.
    edited August 25, 2009
    I had severe migraines a couple times a week before I had children. The hormonal changes nearly cured me. I had episodes when my babies were weaned, but rarely any other time. I haven't had a migraine for a couple years now. So, thankfully, my headaches are now just child or allergy induced.

My kids start school after Labor Day. We are all way past ready.

Caroline