Expressive Baptismal Portrait

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 29, 2005 in People
Reading the critiques on Lynn's portrait on "the whipping post", it just brought this portrait to mind from last sunday. After church was over, I rapidly pulled my car into the area in front of the church, ran out, but I was still too late, so I had to wait for the baptism to be over before I could take the portrait.

I kind of threw this together this AM to send to the church so my part would be done, and, hopefully, I would not think of this again. Granted everyone is looking at me, but this is the sorriest looking baptismal portrait I have seen. The baby is screaming, the child's eyes are swollen from crying, the man looks catatonic, the poor mom, she must be a Stepford Wife, she looks calm in this storm going on around her. She even has the presence of mind to hold down the child's arm to prevent further mayhem, at the moment.

It just reminded me of expressions. This is an e-mail copy, I didn't make another. I have kind of promised to actually go to church this sunday (I am hoping to hear America The Beautiful in church), so I will be there on time, an unusual occurance this last month or so.

I just thought it showed a portrait where there were "feelings" going on.

g

26569690-M.jpg

I just now did this blk and white. actually, it is not bad, I framed it for emphasis, I know many do not like that, but I do, I have it w/o a frame. They will not use a black and white photo, all photos have to be the same less some family feel like they were slighted, or "less" somehow than the other people. But I do like the blk/white better.

thanks for the inspriration,

ginger

26572271-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.