Don't eat the soap! - candid

whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in People
Just playing in the backyard practicing taking shots using manual focus. I like the way this one turned out, gives a sense on my 3-year old's personality (and energy level :huh ). Your c/c much appreciated.

630007899_yAVbN-M.jpg
- Christopher
My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Cute! I really like the processing and how the bubbles pop. Ha ha ha, I didn't intend the pun when I first typed it.

Caroline
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Cute! I really like the processing and how the bubbles pop. Ha ha ha, I didn't intend the pun when I first typed it.

Caroline

Thanks Caroline....I was eager to try this preset (that I tweaked just a little) which I learned about from this thread.
    - Christopher
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Precious! I love the expression, toning, composition and generally happy-go-lucky attitude of the picture. Beautiful! clap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    What a cutie he is!!

I really like the processing.

Reminds me I haven't been by your blog in a while.

Gonna check it out.

Virginia

Email
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    I think the blue toning is just a bit too harsh. Pull down the opacity/strength a tiny bit. Otherwise, great photo.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    cutness! I like the composition and the bubbles but I think it would also look great in color as that would give it a more summer time feel for me anyway.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Precious! I love the expression, toning, composition and generally happy-go-lucky attitude of the picture. Beautiful! clap.gif

Thanks Mahesh!
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Reminds me I haven't been by your blog in a while.

Gonna check it out.

Thanks VA - don't bother looking at the blog....wife is too busy to write at the moment. ne_nau.gif
    I think the blue toning is just a bit too harsh. Pull down the opacity/strength a tiny bit.

I'll play around with it BD....though I think I'm partial to the toning.mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    cutness! I like the composition and the bubbles but I think it would also look great in color as that would give it a more summer time feel for me anyway.

Wow - I even got a heavy hitter to comment!! mwink.gif Thanks Sandy.....the color version just didn't do it for me, but I agree that it would have given this image a better summertime feeling.
    - Christopher