converting RAW to tiff or jpeg in LR

lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited August 26, 2009 in Finishing School
Hello :)
I am half embarressed to post this b/c I'm sure it is obvious and I'm just missing it somewhere, but... how can i convert my RAW photos to tiff or jpeg files? --Lisa
Lisa
My Website

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited August 25, 2009
    What software do you use for Raw processing?

Lightroom2 or Adobe RAW converter give you the option of how you want the file output, and some of the choices are tiffs or 8 or 16 bit jpgs.

DPP offers jpgs or tiffs, I believe, but I do not use DPP so I am not certain.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Chose the pictures you want to convert and choose "Export." Once the export box pops up make sure that at the top you're in "Export to Disk." Then you can choose a file type and location.

It's confusing at first, but it makes sense in Lightroom terms. You aren't converting because you're leaving the RAW file alone. You're exporting from your darkroom to a jpg or tiff file.
  • lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Lr2.4
    I have LR 2.4. I am used to word, I was thinking file>save as>jpeg. Where is the converter located in LR?
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    Select the images you are interested in and then under "File" you have to select "Export" and then select the various settings like compression, format (tiff/jpeg), destination folder, naming, etc.
  • lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    i see, thanks!
    Thanks you i see-- you are right in LR terms that woudl make sense
    Lisa
    My Website