Options

Movies...help

MollymouseMollymouse Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 27, 2004 in Cameras
I have just purchased a Canon PowerShot S1 IS and while you can view the movies fine in the camera when I have downloaded the movies it appears very blurry. What am I doing wrong???
Thank-you for any help!
Mollymouse

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    Mollymouse wrote:
    I have just purchased a Canon PowerShot S1 IS and while you can view the movies fine in the camera when I have downloaded the movies it appears very blurry. What am I doing wrong???
    Thank-you for any help!
    Mollymouse

You're doing nothing wrong, except using a still camera to capture movies and expecting it to look like a camera built for the job. The whole movie feature on still cameras confuses me as being a complete waste of time, just as still pictures taken on a video camera look terrible, as well. Right tool for the job.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    Actually the S1 is an exception. It is capable of up to 8-10 minutes of apx 640x480 capture at 30fps (with a fast CF card).

What are you movie settings in the camera?

What software are you using to view the movie?

Have you tried to connect the camera directly to a TV to view it?

I am very happy with the results from my S1 and they are close to what single CCD video cameras are producing. I showed some friends what I shot and they would not have know I took the footage on a still camera if I did not tell them.
  • Options
    MollymouseMollymouse Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 27, 2004
    Thank you for all your help. I did have the setting correct however I switched from a windows media to a mpeg and it showed beautifully. It is quite something to see a movie of that quality from a camera. Thank-you again for your speedy responses.

patch29 wrote:
    Actually the S1 is an exception. It is capable of up to 8-10 minutes of apx 640x480 capture at 30fps (with a fast CF card).

What are you movie settings in the camera?

What software are you using to view the movie?

Have you tried to connect the camera directly to a TV to view it?

I am very happy with the results from my S1 and they are close to what single CCD video cameras are producing. I showed some friends what I shot and they would not have know I took the footage on a still camera if I did not tell them.