Options

API for Sharegroups

sfridsfrid Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
Hello,

Am I missing something, or sharegroups are completely unsupported in the API? I am having a problem with my RSS feeds since there are no RSS feeds for sharegroups, and private galleries do not make it into the RSS feeds.

I am looking forward to seeing a description of all the RSS feeds (previous thread), but would also like to be able to roll my own. Getting API for dealing with sharegroups would be a good step towards that.

Thanks,
Slava

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    sfrid wrote:
    Hello,

Am I missing something, or sharegroups are completely unsupported in the API? I am having a problem with my RSS feeds since there are no RSS feeds for sharegroups, and private galleries do not make it into the RSS feeds.

I am looking forward to seeing a description of all the RSS feeds (previous thread), but would also like to be able to roll my own. Getting API for dealing with sharegroups would be a good step towards that.

Thanks,
    Slava

We don't currently have any sharegroup-related stuff in either the API or RSS feeds. To be honest, I'd never thought about it - we hear requests for lots of other gaps and holes in our exposed stuff.

But it's certainly a good point and I'll add it to the list of things to add.

Thanks for the heads up!

Don
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    On a related topic, I'd like to see RSS feeds enabled for communities, so that you could subscribe to a community's feed and see when new galleries had been added. I realize that the way things are set up currently, if you wanted to see when new photos were added to a specific gallery, you'd have to subscribe to the individual user's feed for that gallery.