Sometimes you get lucky....

tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in People
a few weeks ago my cousin's daughter came for a visit, and we spent teh whole day together... well naturally I brought a camera a long just in case the opportunity popped up, and I got great snapshots...

but this one almost looked posed... she's in the middle of a lecture (as only three year olds can give) about not letting my dog leave her toys out in the yard where they can get "messy" (child has been OCD since day one, her first birthday was traumatic as we were suggesting she get into her bday cake *facepalm*)

630563549_2xdnG-L.jpg

yes it could be better, I'm sure, but I love it hee hee
"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

Comments

• bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    1) If you cut off the top of the hair, make it look intentional
    2) If you cut off part of an arm, make it almost totally cut off
    3) Use a scrim to avoid the blown highlights and to get softer light

I love the expression and the pose, you're just missing some technical pieces of the image.
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    why would I pull out a scrim if I'm just taking snapshots? rolleyes1.gif this was while we were bbqing on the back porch, not a photoshoot!
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    tonichelle wrote:
    I'm just taking snapshots? rolleyes1.gif

You could have found open shade as well. Also, if you're just taking snapshots, why would you post it for comments?
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    ne_nau.gif just to share, is that no longer allowed? I've been away for quite a while...
    and yes I could have found shade, but that's not where the child was, I can only do so much... it's not like I don't know how...

sometimes you can get a good shot without setting it up.
  • SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    I think it's a great unstaged shot. Especially when kids are involved that's all you'll get that looks even close to natural.

Good on ya, I think it's a good shot.
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    tonichelle wrote:
    ne_nau.gif just to share, is that no longer allowed? I've been away for quite a while...
    and yes I could have found shade, but that's not where the child was, I can only do so much... it's not like I don't know how...

sometimes you can get a good shot without setting it up.
    From "Other Cool Stuff":
    rwells wrote:
    snip...
    I'd hate to think that every image posted has to be "wall-hanger" quality.

And I couldn't agree more. This is a nice accident, tonichelle. I don't know about you but my pockets aren't near big enough to carry a scrim with me everywhere I go. Nor is my intuition intuitive enough to ask a little girl to step into the shade before providing a candid opportunity.
    Travis
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I think it's priceless.

I love her expression and her arms being folded as if she is scolding someone.

Peace, gail

thanks for sharing
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I look at the photo and see a wonderful photo of a darling girl. I assume that you knowing her makes this expression a precious capture.

Like you, I don't do "photoshoots" at times like these and do not notice small details that would be important if it were a professional photoshoot. Keep shooting, keep posting, and keep enjoying. Thanks for sharing!