San Fransisco

JBarrosJBarros Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 27, 2009 in Landscapes
These are some shots I took while visiting some family friends in San Fransisco. I was playing around with HDR (still new to it). Let me know what you think. I'm eager to improve my skills.
583944924_LbYLo-L.jpg

583946378_ivWLc-L.jpg

583942250_CAQuZ-L.jpg

583943580_WaCG3-L.jpg

583944790_7Uem9-L.jpg

Comments

• run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Nicely done. Photos of the Golden Gate Bridge are much harder than they look: you made it look easy. :D
  • JBarrosJBarros Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    run_kmc wrote:
    Nicely done. Photos of the Golden Gate Bridge are much harder than they look: you made it look easy. :D
    Thank you very much.
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Great shots! Is #3 a multi-exposure or HDR? I am seeing halo effects around the masts and ropes but it may just be an illusion due to the cloud formations. If they are you might want to mask and burn those out as they caught my eye immediately.

#1 and #5 are my favorites as the clouds clip the bridge support towers. It gives the image that much more.

Rob
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    nice
    I like 1, 3, & 5 the best, but #1 is my fave, I like this view of the bridge and the HDR is very subtle, really nice touch!

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    #2 is my favorite from the series. I never get tired of seeing images from this beautiful city. In fact, I'm going there next weekend and hope to do a little photography. Thanks for the inspiration! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited August 27, 2009
    Robbug wrote:
    Great shots! Is #3 a multi-exposure or HDR? I am seeing halo effects around the masts and ropes but it may just be an illusion due to the cloud formations. If they are you might want to mask and burn those out as they caught my eye immediately.

#1 and #5 are my favorites as the clouds clip the bridge support towers. It gives the image that much more.

Rob
    The photo is an HDR but I think that the haloing is an illusion in the clouds.
    edited August 27, 2009
    Wiren wrote:
    I like 1, 3, & 5 the best, but #1 is my fave, I like this view of the bridge and the HDR is very subtle, really nice touch!

Lee
    I agree. That one is my favorite too. I like how clouds cover the top of the pillars.
    edited August 27, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    #2 is my favorite from the series. I never get tired of seeing images from this beautiful city. In fact, I'm going there next weekend and hope to do a little photography. Thanks for the inspiration! thumb.gif
    If you get a chance go into the mission district and they have art painted in these alleys that is amazing. Here are two I shot in an alley.

583941758_nhdQG-L.jpg

583941389_q8jKb-L.jpg
    edited August 27, 2009
    Another
    Here is another one of my favorites that slipped in between the cracks when I started this thread.

583945698_oc56k-L.jpg
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    I like the one that "slipped through the cracks" the best! It's not the usual shot of the GG bridge. To me, it tells a story about sightseeing and I also think the HDR treatment is very well done. Excellent!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 27, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I like the one that "slipped through the cracks" the best! It's not the usual shot of the GG bridge. To me, it tells a story about sightseeing and I also think the HDR treatment is very well done. Excellent!

Lauren

Thank you!