Macro Trials with new set-up

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited August 28, 2009 in Holy Macro
Manual 105mm, ƒ2.8 and bellows extender and Promaster Flash for the nature shots.

1)
631342776_UdhrP-L.jpg

2)
631348130_DMaZa-L.jpg

3)
631349398_vaqGT-L.jpg

4)
631353447_E8T9m-L.jpg

5)

631356411_ppDkB-L.jpg

C&C always welcome.

These are shot in a manual mode for focus and aperture. In X mode at 180 for flash.
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Looking good - DOF seems extremely thin - any idea of the magnifications ?
    Brian v.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Brian, Not really. I'm using My 'new' Macro set-up. The rail was all the way out and I believe I had a wide or nearly open aperture.

The rail has a marking 55mm and all the way out says x2.2. I really should take notes! Since it is all manual no metadata is stored in the raw.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    I think the DOF is way too shallow. Understand that some of that comes from macro by definition, but still, there is very little in focus in any of them.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2009
    I think the DOF is way too shallow. Understand that some of that comes from macro by definition, but still, there is very little in focus in any of them.
    This is just trials to se what the set-up does. Need to try smaller apertures for more DOF and Focus Stacking, eventually. Whether or not this sort of DOF ultimately works also depends on other than random subjects. May be just the think for a given image.

YMMV

Don